Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thinking about doing a Kool Deck refinish

1. Back To Top    #1

Thinking about doing a Kool Deck refinish

Split off of this topic. Please ask questions in your own topic instead of reusing someone else's existing topic. Thanks JasonLion

I have some similar problems with our older pool. The deck is in OK shape in most places and we are thinking about doing a Kool Deck refinish to give it a newer look to match the new wood deck. I have looked at some DIY type processes but am leaning toward letting a pro use Kool Deck. We have Kool Deck on our other pool and like it, but it was part of that pools construction.

My main question is that the expansion joints aren't filled anymore. The material has completely rotted or disintegrated and I have half to 3/4 inch gaps between each pour section. Anybody have a DIY answer to filling empty expansion joints? Or should I have the Kool Deck installer tackle that if we go that route?
    Pool #1 IG 24k Diamond Brite plaster with spill-over spa. Jandy Aqua Link RS One Touch with built into pool floor cleaner. Jacuzzi Magnum pump/basket feeding Hayward top mount Zeosand filter. Jacuzzi Magnum pump/basket for Spa Jets. Heat Siphon pool heat pump. Dolphin Robotic pool cleaner.

Pool #2 IG 35K 20X40 Vinyl. Hayward top mount Zeosand filter with Pentair 3 HP IntelliFlo VS+SVRS. Chemical Free pool using Water Doctor Copper Ion Generator, PoolSkim, Polaris 9300 Sport robotic pool cleaner, Heat Siphon pool heat pump, solar blanket, Ameri-Dome 50X30 dome enclosure during Winter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thinking about doing a Kool Deck refinish

I would think the installer would take care of it.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun
    I would think the installer would take care of it.
    I am sure they would, but what if I decide to go the DIY route? I am just trying to see if I can handle it and save the labor which is the biggest cost of this project. So I'm looking for DIY answers/suggestions.
    Pool #1 IG 24k Diamond Brite plaster with spill-over spa. Jandy Aqua Link RS One Touch with built into pool floor cleaner. Jacuzzi Magnum pump/basket feeding Hayward top mount Zeosand filter. Jacuzzi Magnum pump/basket for Spa Jets. Heat Siphon pool heat pump. Dolphin Robotic pool cleaner.

Pool #2 IG 35K 20X40 Vinyl. Hayward top mount Zeosand filter with Pentair 3 HP IntelliFlo VS+SVRS. Chemical Free pool using Water Doctor Copper Ion Generator, PoolSkim, Polaris 9300 Sport robotic pool cleaner, Heat Siphon pool heat pump, solar blanket, Ameri-Dome 50X30 dome enclosure during Winter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Check out this product,just found it while searching Kooldeck.

http://www.santasticpoolmastic.com/

Best of luck, John
    "Experience is what you get, just after you needed it."

Owner DIY build, steel/liner kit, 18x36 Deer Creek, sport depth, approx 17,500 gal,
    Aqua Plus SWG, 1 1/2 hp, 2 speed, 300# sand filter and twin Color logic 4.0s, MX-8 Cleaner.
    My DIY Pool Build