How to fix a really bad full drain acid wash?

dwyerst

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 11, 2011
Last year I had my plaster pool full drain acid washed and the guy did a really crappy job.

You can now see drip lines in the side walls and bucket rings on the bottom. The plaster is very rough in parts. I am also having a heck of a time keeping green alge from growing on the sidewalls. The water is clear but the alge just keeps on coming back. I thought it was because it as a rougher surface to stick to.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Do I need to just replaster?

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I can't really help you on the acid wash part but if you can post a full set of numbers about the pool water we can help you with the algea problem you have. I would also suggest reading pool school in the upper right hand corner of every page on TFP.

Needed numbers:
FC:
PH:
CC:
TA:
CH:
CYA:

:cheers:

There is no really fixing it short of all new plaster. If you get someone who is very experienced they could do a second acid wash to blend in the obviously uneven spots. However, doing so will remove even more plaster. One of the problems is that there was too much plaster removed the first time, so it will look a lot better, but it will shorten the plasters lifetime even more than has already happened.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.