SWG Choice

Apr 12, 2011
Hello to All;

This sight sure is a great place for people to learn about anything to do with pools!
I am an extreme newbie as I just bought a house with a pool over the winter and am now thinking about getting it going in a month. Although I have read lots of the threads here, I am still thinking I may be in over my head or at least in the deep end of the pool. My pool is currently a chlorine pool and my daughters have sensitive skin (bad rashes in public pools) so I will need to turn it over to salt.

I have seen a few posts related to specific SWGs and have come down to 2 of the cheaper units to begin with. If anyone can provide comments related to a head-to-head comparison it would be greatly appreciated. It appears the 2 units are made in the same factory in Australia however seem to have a little difference in the control panel, generating limits, anodes, and warranty. The 2 are:
Circupool RJ30
Compupool CPSC36
My pool is a 16x32 at aprox 22,000 gals. Hayward pump and filter with a heater. I am in Toronto Canada area with about 80% sun exposure. Plan on running it about 6 months of the year.

Thanks in advance.

A salt pool is a chlorine pool. That being said, I have never, ever, ever met someone that has followed our recommendations have an issue with sensitive skin. I'll bet that by July, you might spend an hour a week seeing to your pool's needs. The water will sparkle and the family will spend more time together than ever.

There is no Jedi magic. Getting familiar with what your pool needs will help you. The Pool School link in the upper right is the best I have found on the web. There you will learn what, how and why your pool needs or does what it does.

It's not as daunting as many in the industry would have you believe. They want you to depend on them. Then you spend your money. Keeping you from being pool stored, as we like to call it, is our measure of success. We have all been there, done that, and won't go back. We give back to those that are new and of shaken confidence so that they will do for others. Some, like myself, contribute their time and experience, others contribute to the site by becoming Lifetime Members who's donations help offset the costs associated with running this site.

Public pools are notorious for a lack of free chlorine allowing bio-badies to reproduce and attack people. We have, in our community, members have brought their test kits with them on vacation and even gone so far as to call the health department to have the pool closed.

Scott

Those bad rashes are most likely NOT due to your daughters sensitive skin. That skin was probably MADE sensitive by bacteria in the water due to those pools not being properly maintained. You'll do better! Welcome aboard.

Hi guys. I have read thru most of the pool school and it is good reading and has provided a lot of answers. A bookmark on my browser.
I believe the rashes were from chemical issues but they do break out more than others that swim in the pools. Happened on a lake as well. Anyways, I think by reading the threads here that it would be best to switch over to the swg and that is my first step in creating a positive pool experience.
Any thoughs on the 2 choices I put forward?

In December I installed a RJ-30. The guide woodyp linked above was my step-by-step manual for doing it. If you're so inclined, you can look for the post with my installation experience. So far its been great but I have only had it installed for a few months, and not the hot months either. Good luck with your conversion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.