Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wireless pool fillers

1. Back To Top    #1

Wireless pool fillers

I am looking some advise on wireless pool fillers. I live in AZ and my pool was built without an automatic pool filler!! I have had a hang over the edge filler for the last couple of years but they are not worth the money!!!

I am looking at the Kona Labs SmartMeter Fill System and the Fiberstars Waterlevv Wireless - Igw-6000.

Does anyone have any comments on these systems and are there any others I should be considering?
    16,000 Gallon IG SWG Plaster Pool
    Jandy Cartridge Filter
    Integrated hottub with gas heater
    Pump Size 1 hp
    Gilbert AZ

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wireless pool fillers

Not really an answer to your question, but more about what I moved to after getting rid of the automatic pool filler.

I don't care for automatic pool fillers because something always goes wrong. I like a simpe solution. A mechanical water timer on a hose. Before going to bed, I dial it for 30 minutes to an hour and if it needs more in the morning, I twist the dial again. These are very inexpensive at Home Depot or Lowes. At the beach, I use the electronic model that can be programed for day(s), time on, and gallons.
    Pool #1 IG 24k Diamond Brite plaster with spill-over spa. Jandy Aqua Link RS One Touch with built into pool floor cleaner. Jacuzzi Magnum pump/basket feeding Hayward top mount Zeosand filter. Jacuzzi Magnum pump/basket for Spa Jets. Heat Siphon pool heat pump. Dolphin Robotic pool cleaner.

Pool #2 IG 35K 20X40 Vinyl. Hayward top mount Zeosand filter with Pentair 3 HP IntelliFlo VS+SVRS. Chemical Free pool using Water Doctor Copper Ion Generator, PoolSkim, Polaris 9300 Sport robotic pool cleaner, Heat Siphon pool heat pump, solar blanket, Ameri-Dome 50X30 dome enclosure during Winter.