Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Savi Melody Sol Light in Canada

1. Back To Top    #1

Savi Melody Sol Light in Canada

Hello and greetings from Montreal,

We desided to renovate our Pool next month. This would be the perfect time to add a light to our concrete pool. Our choice is the Savi Melody SOL, because it will be the easiest way to core drill the needed istallation hole. Adding a niche is out of the question $$$.

I have trouble finding a Canadien seller of the Savi Melody systems. Google is not helpfull either
    Any idea where to find one?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Savi Melody Sol Light in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by goesta

We desided to renovate our Pool next month. This would be the perfect time to add a light to our concrete pool. Our choice is the Savi Melody SOL, because it will be the easiest way to core drill the needed istallation hole. Adding a niche is out of the question $$$.

I have trouble finding a Canadien seller of the Savi Melody systems. Google is not helpfull either
    What part of canada?
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by racket

What part of canada?

Hello and greetings from Montreal
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Try contacting them directly. They will point you to who if its available.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

Wow,

you're a lucky dude. I've been looking for these as well and I have just found a source in Toronto.
    The guy is on Kijiji toronto.

I'm from Lachute, although I've lived in Montreal the first 28 years of my life: )

I'd love to hear more about your pool renovation.
    Cement 12'x30', in the neighborhood of 50 years old. Restored, 1.5"plumbing, 1hp super pump 2, Hayward swim clear cartridge filter, Summit2.5t heater,Hayward SWG t-9 cell, Nexxus Blanco lights, pentair bermuda gunite skimmer.

6. Back To Top    #6

Hello!!
    Thank you all for the answers so far. I was reading the forum, since we moved to Longueuil Quebec last year. With all the troublefreepool knowledge here, i was able to open, maintain and close our pool last season :P !!

Thank you for the hint towards Kijiji. Unfortunately no luck. Google shows me the link, but when i am searching on Kijij i am not able to find these.
    I will try to contact NextStep (Nexxus) tomorow.

->brownsburg greets to Lachute from here.

My pool renovation is quite unspectacular compared with your project!! Started to follow your thread about your pool a while ago. Thumbs up and respect for your work from here.

This season i want to add a pool light to our concrete pool. The first estimations to let install a light niche scared me of. I not even dared to ask, if the light would have been included with this. So i read about the Savi Melody lights. With these it would be a DIY Project. Otherwhise i will have somebody to empty our pool and do an acid wash.
    After reading all these horrors about pool popping - i need somebody to do this for me....
    Then we will repaint and hopefully get the poolheater and the saltwater system installed and under control

7. Back To Top    #7

i sent you his email by pm.

i just ordered a savi blanco
    Cement 12'x30', in the neighborhood of 50 years old. Restored, 1.5"plumbing, 1hp super pump 2, Hayward swim clear cartridge filter, Summit2.5t heater,Hayward SWG t-9 cell, Nexxus Blanco lights, pentair bermuda gunite skimmer.

8. Back To Top    #8

btw, pool popping is preventable

do you have a drain with a built it pressure valve? this would release built up ground water and prevent problems. if not, or if your worried it doesnt work you can drill a few holes in the bottom of the pool.

story,

so my coworker has a gunite pool which he emptys every three years to paint. it stays empty for a few weeks while he waits for the perfect weather etc. last year I asked him about if he had a pressure relief valve and he was like huh!!. he goes home and takes the cover off his drain, unscrews a 1.5" plug and the ground water fills the pool back up about 40%

i wonder how many pools get emptied and dont budge. mine was empty all summer. now I have a full french drain with a sump pump so its all good. overkill im sure.

good luck

9. Back To Top    #9

Thank you for the PM. I will contact them. Would love to have them as soon as possible.

Wow, i think i would crazy, if our pool refill 40% with water. I think i have pressure relief. I was diving to the main drain last summer and was curious about the black plug - i pulled it out and the water rushed down the pool. I was so fast replacing it ... i not knowed what it was at this time - remembered me of pulling the plug of a bathtub.
    I am sure your coworker got a bit white, when he seen this !!!

Thank you for the fast reply !!!

Goesta

10. Back To Top    #10

Hello,

I contacted the guys from Toronto today and they give me a price-quote for the Melodys.
    They replied very fast and price and shipping is right.

But i hesitate a bit, because i would like to order a Melody SOL, on the website they state this version is 2xtimes stronger then the Melody.
    Originally i planned just 1 light, because i really would prefer just to drill one hole in our pool.

Its a 16x30 shaped concrete pool. Any experience with a pool size like mine and just one Savi light??
    Would it be enough??
    -> brownsburg (depeche vous with the installation ) I would need your experience with your light !! hehehe !!

Ahhh i also contacted Nextstep product directly, but no response from them...

greets Goesta

11. Back To Top    #11

if you wait on me you may be waiting a long time. I still have alot of work to do before I fill my pool up with water. I've never heard of the sol being brighter. at this point before I heard of these lights I wasn't planning on having one, so anything is better than that.

12. Back To Top    #12

received the light and everything looks as expected, he even included a free return fitting.
    really nice guy, great service.

13. Back To Top    #13

Hey,
    Thank you for the update of your order.
    Sounds like great service and + fast shipping!!
    I am still waiting on an update from my local Pool store. I made her crazy about the lights, before posting here. So Monday she has a meeting with her wholeseller, she try to find out about the SOL version. If no results for Savi, i will order from your guys from Toronto

Then i go for the Melody too, but only one - i may change my decision then for the pool color. Originally i planned to go for one tone darker blue - i may stay with the light blue for better light reflections from the walls.

What makes me mad is that i contacted Nextstep (Nexxus) to ask for a Canadian retailer or wholeseller and i received no answer from them - NOTHING...
    Customer service"HELLLLOOOO?!?"

ok...
    Wish you an easy install (PICTURES PICTURES, pls)!!
    And thank you again!!

14. Back To Top    #14

Could someone send me the contact info for the supplier in Toronto?
    Intex 24' x 12' x 52" Ultra Metal-Frame Above-Ground Pool

15. Back To Top    #15

I sent it to you.

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by brownsburg
    I sent it to you.

17. Back To Top    #17

Hello,

I got news from my local pool-store about the Savi lights. She phoned me today and said i could have the Savi SOL. Additionally she would have the Tristar 1 HP dual speed for me.

What makes me happy that her prices for the pump are competitive or even better then a big pool-chain here in Canada. So i will be happy we buy locally from her!
    Her advise and service is always great anyway!!

I will stop by at Friday to see, if the versions of light and pump are the good ones.

The install, with pool empty, acid wash , repaint and drilling the return hole will be middle may i think.
    Gives us some time for the garden and preparations and for the order.

Will give an update,
    Goesta