Feedback wanted - New IG Pool Build, Austin, TX

Apr 11, 2011
We're about two weeks away from having an IG pool installed at our home in southwest Austin. I'd appreciate any feedback and thoughts on our pool build. I'm a newbie, so forgive me if I've left anything out - I'll happily come back and add content.

The pool will be a rectangle with lots of curves, approximately 37 feet by 20 feet, with a 40 foot lane going diagonal across the pool, and a diving board with appropriate diving envelope (we've been told). Please see attached sketch. The right side of the image has the pool patio connecting to the existing patio which is connected to the house. It's a Oklahoma sandstone patio, which will be carried around the pool.

We're curious as to thoughts regarding gunite/plaster for the pool, using a Salt Water system, and building a rock wall waterfall. Would love the forum's feedback on these items.

For the rock wall waterfall, we're considering a dry stack, nearly vertical rock wall, running about 2/3 of the length of the pool. You can see it in the sketch running along the left hand diagonal side. Our builder keeps suggesting a boulder like wall with variations in wall height, but we're leaning more towards the dry stack. Even with the dry stack, I believe we'll have variations in wall height, but likely more stair step. Any pros and cons we should be considering? Also, with a rock wall waterfall, is it important to do the lighting now or can that be added later?

[attachment=0:2k2mf9un]PoolSketch2011.jpg[/attachment:2k2mf9un]

Thanks for all the help!

Eric

Attachments

• PoolSketch2011.jpg
    PoolSketch2011.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 118
Welcome to TFP! :wave:
I like the pool design. It should look great when completed. You might want to give a few more specs about the pool like, equipment type, plumbing size, number of skimmers, number of returns and if possible the type of surface. One more thing, TFP like pictures ::epds::
:cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.