new guy... pls be nice...
so for years I've got a grumpy expensive pool guy and then can him last Nov... I read up here some... get a dangerous level of knowledge and dive in...
1- time goes by and suddenly here in south fla the temp goes up and chlorine usage goes high quick...
2- yesterday a very very light amount of algae crops up and without testing CYA I shock 30ppm and run the pump 24hrs clean the filter and brush every 6hrs
3- water is crystal clear but there are very light, stubborn green patches on bottom that won't brush off.
4- pool store says shock to 80 to 'bleach the green stain' and I do... no effect after 5 hours
5- I finally check test strip and CYA is waaaay over scale high I would guess at least 200+
no kit till tomorrow... but test strip says:
(12K gallon in ground plaster, hayward 800 with 2hp pump)
CH: about 800
PH: busted cause of the chlorine
CYA: color is so off scale (150) high as to make me think it's 200+
I need this pool usable Thursday (60 hours from now), so should I :
A- drain 50% and refill then adjust
B- wait more for the huge shock to work on the faint green patches first
C- something else