Liquid Stabilizer better for SWG?

Jun 10, 2010
The last two times I visited the pool store for stabilizer, the salesperson asked if I had a Salt Water Generator. When I said yes, they commented that the granulated stabilizer I was purchasing would cause unnecessary scale build up on the SWG plates, and that I should spring for the Liquid Stabilizer which is a mere 4x in price. Is this really a concern? Anyone found that liquid stabilizer would not build up?

I am regularly amazed that when I have these guys test my water, my stabilizer is 100+, but using the Test kit recommended here, I have never exceeded 75. Needless to say, I bought the granulated stuff, but still needed to ask.

Granulated is just fine, it just takes longer to disolve. Scaling is caused by improper water chemistry (high PH, TA and CH) and not liquid vs granular CYA. You made the right move...no being poolstored for you :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.