how in the world does this vacume thingy work.

well all my valves are broken.

heres a pic

valve on the left are the skimmers, valve on the right is the vac port- they call it md, but that was removed with the new liner and added a vac port insted

yesr.jpg

RT, the reason, I suspect, that the valves are broken is because no one taught you how to use them :( From the pic, they look like 723 valves. To be able to turn the ball inside them, you have to loosen the union first. The union keeps the valve water-tight, but when 'snugged' enough to do that, the ball won't readily turn, hence the need to loosen it first.

As said before, hook up the vac and close the MD until you see a 1/2 -1 lb drop in pressure on the gauge. :)

waste said:
RT, the reason, I suspect, that the valves are broken is because no one taught you how to use them :( From the pic, they look like 723 valves. To be able to turn the ball inside them, you have to loosen the union first. The union keeps the valve water-tight, but when 'snugged' enough to do that, the ball won't readily turn, hence the need to loosen it first.

As said before, hook up the vac and close the MD until you see a 1/2 -1 lb drop in pressure on the gauge. :)

if i close the md that cuts off my vac port, should i do the same thing to the skimmer then.

When we get it all set up to vac, we kneal over the skimmer and fill the vac hose using a WATER HOSE. When vac hose is full, bubbles will come out of vac head, and we are already in position to make the fast xfer to the skimmer. Lots of us have had to ask quesitons about 'how to' vacuum our pools. Good luck.

Joyce

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.