Intellibrite 5G Placement

briansturgeon

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 22, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
We are getting 2 Intellibrites in our 18x36 rectangle pool. I called Pentair and they said put 1 light on the deep end wall and another light on the sidewall about 2/3 of the way to the other end of the pool.

My question is why not just put one on each end of the pool and have them shoot towards each other? Neither would be pointing towards the house. Would this not work better?

I have the intellibirte 5g installed in my pool. I think you would want a light facing a side wall of the pool to reflect the light. I think you would not get a very even coverage with the lights if they are pointed to each other. My stair, spa sized, light does not evenly distribute the light length wise down the pool. There are shadows where it does not cover on the long walls especially close to the light on the left and right hand sides. The side, regular pool, light makes the other wall of the pool glow. I hope this makes sense.

So if I am going with 18 x 36 rectangle you are saying to put both lights on the sides? I would have to put them on the same side wall because if I used the other then the light would face the house.

Should I put both lights along one of the 36' walls then?

If so, where should I position them?

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.