Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellibrite 5G Placement

1. Back To Top    #1

Intellibrite 5G Placement

We are getting 2 Intellibrites in our 18x36 rectangle pool. I called Pentair and they said put 1 light on the deep end wall and another light on the sidewall about 2/3 of the way to the other end of the pool.

My question is why not just put one on each end of the pool and have them shoot towards each other? Neither would be pointing towards the house. Would this not work better?
    18 x 36 IG Vinyl Liner 28K Gallons
    Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS, Pentair CC + 420 Cartridge Filter, Easytouch CP with IC40 SWG
    2" Suction and Return Lines - 2 skimmers, 6 returns
    Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage Robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intellibrite 5G Placement

Your logic is sound. I don't see any reason to do it the way they suggest. If nothing else, having it on both ends should provide more even light.
    Clearwater, Florida

12,000 gallon kidney shaped gunite pool
    Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP Pump
    Pentair CCP420 420sq/ft Cartridge Filter
    Pentair Intellibrite 5G 120V Pool Light

3. Back To Top    #3

They probably just didn't want to interfere with the steps.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

The steps are going to be on one of the sides.
    Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS, Pentair CC + 420 Cartridge Filter, Easytouch CP with IC40 SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

I have the intellibirte 5g installed in my pool. I think you would want a light facing a side wall of the pool to reflect the light. I think you would not get a very even coverage with the lights if they are pointed to each other. My stair, spa sized, light does not evenly distribute the light length wise down the pool. There are shadows where it does not cover on the long walls especially close to the light on the left and right hand sides. The side, regular pool, light makes the other wall of the pool glow. I hope this makes sense.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

typically 2 lights going down the length of the pool is best if you can do this.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

7. Back To Top    #7

So if I am going with 18 x 36 rectangle you are saying to put both lights on the sides? I would have to put them on the same side wall because if I used the other then the light would face the house.

Should I put both lights along one of the 36' walls then?

If so, where should I position them?

Thanks