Going to PVC plumbing on AGP...help!!!

IMO 1.5" plumbing on a standard AGP set-up like yours would be just fine, although I have nothing against going to 2". That said, scrap those 2 reducers you have next to the unions as they are not pressure rated fittings and are intended for waste water applications.

Racket is spot on with his comments, the barbed fitting can just unscrew from the skimmer and you can use a 1.5" male adapter/slip fitting...same on the return.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
dmanb2b said:
IMO 1.5" plumbing on a standard AGP set-up like yours would be just fine, although I have nothing against going to 2". That said, scrap those 2 reducers you have next to the unions as they are not pressure rated fittings and are intended for waste water applications.

Racket is spot on with his comments, the barbed fitting can just unscrew from the skimmer and you can use a 1.5" male adapter/slip fitting...same on the return.

The 2" stuff is going back...going with the 1.5"...makes the reducers unnecessary...thank you!

One more question if i may...does this setup look like it will hold for the LQ input and output?

I ask because i have not seen plastic barbs on many, if any, setups when i did a search looking for answers...and they seem flimsy compared to the brass kind.

Thanks!

Bo

Attachments

• 100_8110.JPG
    100_8110.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 100_8113.JPG
    100_8113.JPG
    302.6 KB · Views: 118
Going PVC...got LQ Inlet-outlet......

Question:

Does this setup look like it will hold for the LQ input and output?

I ask because i have not seen plastic barbs on many, if any, setups when i did a search looking for answers...and they seem flimsy compared to the brass kind.

Thanks!

Bo

Attachments

• 100_8110.JPG
    100_8110.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_8113.JPG
    100_8113.JPG
    302.6 KB · Views: 115
Those will be fine. I would have went for the pushin type but that's just because they have less flow restriction. I used plastic wire ties as clamps on mine to secure the tubing to the barbs before I changed them all out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.