Metal support rusting away

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
Hi all!

Been a little while since I have been in here. I noticed something just a bit ago when we were checking out the pool and need to know how this can be fixed ASAP. Where the pool wall is joined together and is held together by screws there is a metal strip that the screws go through. From the bottom to about 4 inches up is literally corroded through by rust. I am afraid that this will make the pool wall just bust loose eventually. What can I do to stop the corrossion? or the easiest way to fix it. I am afraid I would have to drain the entire pool and remove the liner to do this fix. The pool is just 3 years old.

Here is a photo. It's pretty well shot, it's flaking, etc. The skimmer and all the hoses, plus filter are located right above this area. I need to place more sand around it, as it keeps washing away. I need to stop the rust, as I noticed it is also on part of the frame part that is one the ground.

Attachments

• 083a.jpg
    083a.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 83
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.