Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can't flippin believe it!!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Can't flippin believe it!!!!!

Already to put the liner in this afternoon. Had it spread out in the yard and when I went to fold it up to bring it to the pool I notice a tear in the middle. I am ready to go find a quiet room somewhere and cry. I am a week late in getting this pool in and now this. I have a call in to the company that I bought the pool from and waiting to here back from them. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
    21' x 41' Oval AGP for all 9 kids and wife 1 Skimmer, 2 returns, 22" sand filter, Pentair Dynapro 1.5 HP 2 speed pump. Compupool CPSC 36 SWCG.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can't flippin believe it!!!!!

That's awful!

Keep us posted on how the company deals with the liner.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

All they are suggesting is to patch it. Oh well guess I will be patching, installing, watching it leak, then buying a new liner.
    21' x 41' Oval AGP for all 9 kids and wife 1 Skimmer, 2 returns, 22" sand filter, Pentair Dynapro 1.5 HP 2 speed pump. Compupool CPSC 36 SWCG.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!!

I am truly sorry this happened to you, but it does happen

A new liner will fix this, of course you've got to get them to replace the sent one first.

In the mean time, keep the floor protected, either with the ripped liner or a tarp - rains can wreck the floor, causing you to have to retrowel the bottom (usually, telling the manufacturer that it came with a rip is enough for them to send out a new one- as opposed to having to send the defective one back)

You may have to 'touch up' the bottom before you install the new liner, but it's a LOT less work if the floor has been protected
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

5. Back To Top    #5

Am I correct in my understanding, this is a never installed new liner with a tear in it and they are telling you to patch it?
    15ft round above ground pool (6600 gallons)
    Sand filter
    Jandy gas heater
    Intermatic timer

6. Back To Top    #6

I'd be pitching a purple hissy fit myself. Patch a brand new liner?..............I don't think so.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by noj70
    All they are suggesting is to patch it.
    Suggesting a patch That is a new liner for pete's sake!

I would also be pitching a purple hissy fit.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Patched it and putting it in. I sent a picture and they said it is a tear we made, which is possible since we put it out in the field a few times before we were really ready to put it in. I am still going to try and get a new liner from them. I figure I have time since I am filling with a garden hose. I will keep y'all updated. Thanks.

9. Back To Top    #9

Okay had to give up on the liner tonight and get back with it in the morning. I think I have the liner arranged wrong in the pool. Can anyone give me some guidance or help in determining which way the straight seams go. I understand the cove seam, but there are three seams in the middle. Do they run across the width or the length?

10. Back To Top    #10

Liner is in!!! Now I need some patience working out the wrinkles. This is not easy and I think I will have someone else do this next time!!

11. Back To Top    #11

I've fleetingly thought about replacing ours when the time comes, but just fleetlingly. The guys that put them in make it look so easy, but they probably do 5 or 6 a week whereas I would probably do 1 or 2 a lifetime.

Good luck getting those wrinkles out.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

12. Back To Top    #12

Started filling it this afternoon. I will be posting pictures in my other thread "Almost there".
    Thanks for everything.