Hayward EcoStar Questions

Jun 4, 2010
mas985 said:
Give this spreadsheet a try:

[attachment=0:1wsdyuuj]EcoStar v1_0.xls[/attachment:1wsdyuuj]
Mark,

Great job, this spreadsheet is a work of art. I just installed a new EcoStar pump and was looking for some information on setting it up. Thank you for putting in your time and knowledge to help us (me) get a better understanding of my pump/pools dynamics.

Jeff

My pump did not come with the data cable. It's available as part of a remote mount kit, part #SP3200DRKIT. No idea on the exact price, but I've got the guy at my local Leslie's checking on the price for me on Monday. I'll post it here as soon as I find out. He was guessing about $60 - $75 based on the price of a remote mount on another model.

Gary

Mine came with the mounting plate and extra cover but no cable. If you remove the controller there is a short data cable plugged into the board, I might just remove it and splice in a longer section of similar wire. I will have to take off the entire assembly to do it but it won't cost me $60. I will keep an eye on this post.

Thanks,

Jeff

jeffvrba said:
mas985 said:
Give this spreadsheet a try:

[attachment=0:289u8bcw]EcoStar v1_0.xls[/attachment:289u8bcw]
Mark,

Great job, this spreadsheet is a work of art. I just installed a new EcoStar pump and was looking for some information on setting it up. Thank you for putting in your time and knowledge to help us (me) get a better understanding of my pump/pools dynamics.

Jeff

Can I ask where that spreadsheet is located?
I will be setting up my EcoStar within the next couple weeks, and if Mark made it, I'm sure its great!

phalcon51 said:
My pump did not come with the data cable. It's available as part of a remote mount kit, part #SP3200DRKIT. No idea on the exact price, but I've got the guy at my local Leslie's checking on the price for me on Monday. I'll post it here as soon as I find out. He was guessing about $60 - $75 based on the price of a remote mount on another model.

Gary
Here is the response I got from Hayward:

You can get the cable at a Radio Shack or electrical supply. CAT6
wire 350V

Hayward Technical Services
One Hayward Industrial Drive
Clemmons, NC (USA) 27012
866-429-7665

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I also got this response regarding the cable from the company I purchased the pump and remote mount kit from.

The cable dose not come with the pump from Hayward because 90% of people will not use it and it would drive the price up. You can use any low voltage communication cable, be it thermostat wire, cat 5, sprinkler wire or the like. Up to 500 feet in length. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thank you,
Pool Cleaning Parts

I am doing the same thing, but did you end up splicing the cable at the motor side with the new wire or did ou find a female connector for the motor side of the new cable that plugs in to the male connector there?

Ken

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.