Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward EcoStar Questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward EcoStar Questions

Quote Originally Posted by mas985
    Give this spreadsheet a try:

[attachment=0:1wsdyuuj]EcoStar v1_0.xls[/attachment:1wsdyuuj]
    Mark,

Great job, this spreadsheet is a work of art. I just installed a new EcoStar pump and was looking for some information on setting it up. Thank you for putting in your time and knowledge to help us (me) get a better understanding of my pump/pools dynamics.

Jeff
    15,500 gal. 30' x 15' IGP, Hayward Star Clear 1202 cartridge filter, Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Pool Pilot DIG-220 SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Hayward EcoStar Installed

Thanks, hopefully it works well for you.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Hayward EcoStar Installed

Has anyone mounted their controller remotely? If so did you have to order a data cable?
    15,500 gal. 30' x 15' IGP, Hayward Star Clear 1202 cartridge filter, Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Pool Pilot DIG-220 SWCG

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Hayward EcoStar Questions

My pump did not come with the data cable. It's available as part of a remote mount kit, part #SP3200DRKIT. No idea on the exact price, but I've got the guy at my local Leslie's checking on the price for me on Monday. I'll post it here as soon as I find out. He was guessing about $60 - $75 based on the price of a remote mount on another model.

Gary
    26,200 gal. 35' x 16' Plaster IGP (50 yrs. old), Hayward 48 sq. ft. DE filter, Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40 SWCG, The Pool Cleaner 4X suction, Pool Skim and Pool Devil skimmers. Re-plastered Sept. 2010.

5. Back To Top    #5

Mine came with the mounting plate and extra cover but no cable. If you remove the controller there is a short data cable plugged into the board, I might just remove it and splice in a longer section of similar wire. I will have to take off the entire assembly to do it but it won't cost me $60. I will keep an eye on this post.

Thanks,

Jeff

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by jeffvrba
    Quote Originally Posted by mas985
    Give this spreadsheet a try:

[attachment=0:289u8bcw]EcoStar v1_0.xls[/attachment:289u8bcw]
    Mark,

Great job, this spreadsheet is a work of art. I just installed a new EcoStar pump and was looking for some information on setting it up. Thank you for putting in your time and knowledge to help us (me) get a better understanding of my pump/pools dynamics.

Jeff
    Can I ask where that spreadsheet is located?
    I will be setting up my EcoStar within the next couple weeks, and if Mark made it, I'm sure its great!
    8,700 gallon IG pool (including 2000 gallon spill-over spa), WetEdge Northshore Tahoe (Satin Matrix) finish, Hayward SwimPure Plus T-15, Jandy JXi 260k propane heater, Jandy FloPro 1.5HP 2 speed pump, Jandy CS 150 cartridge filter, TF-100, Borates added, BBB is the way for me!

7. Back To Top    #7

See this post for the spreadsheet.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

The latest versions of all pump modeling spreadsheets are located here.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

9. Back To Top    #9

Thank you both.
    8,700 gallon IG pool (including 2000 gallon spill-over spa), WetEdge Northshore Tahoe (Satin Matrix) finish, Hayward SwimPure Plus T-15, Jandy JXi 260k propane heater, Jandy FloPro 1.5HP 2 speed pump, Jandy CS 150 cartridge filter, TF-100, Borates added, BBB is the way for me!

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by phalcon51
    My pump did not come with the data cable. It's available as part of a remote mount kit, part #SP3200DRKIT. No idea on the exact price, but I've got the guy at my local Leslie's checking on the price for me on Monday. I'll post it here as soon as I find out. He was guessing about $60 - $75 based on the price of a remote mount on another model.

Gary
    Here is the response I got from Hayward:

You can get the cable at a Radio Shack or electrical supply. CAT6
    wire 350V

Hayward Technical Services
    One Hayward Industrial Drive
    Clemmons, NC (USA) 27012
    866-429-7665

11. Back To Top    #11

I also got this response regarding the cable from the company I purchased the pump and remote mount kit from.

The cable dose not come with the pump from Hayward because 90% of people will not use it and it would drive the price up. You can use any low voltage communication cable, be it thermostat wire, cat 5, sprinkler wire or the like. Up to 500 feet in length. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thank you,
    Pool Cleaning Parts

12. Back To Top    #12

I am doing the same thing, but did you end up splicing the cable at the motor side with the new wire or did ou find a female connector for the motor side of the new cable that plugs in to the male connector there?

Ken
    15'x48" 4800 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Intex 56633 (2500gph) primary [filtering] pump, Intex 56637 (1000gph) unfiltered secondary [heater] pump, Taylor K-2006 test kit, BBB method, Unicel 5315 carts. Working on triple parallel cart system.