Where, besides the pool store, can I get Muriatic Acid...?

Sep 19, 2007
N. AL
I read something about Lowes. Where in there would it be there? My local stores like that don't stock pool chemicals, not year round at least. Is the pool store my only option as pool stuff has been clearanced out at those kinds of stores now? My pH is high, about 8.2. The pool store is giving me some today as this is a new pool. For future reference though, where can it be purchased?

Yes. The normal strength is 31.45% muriatic acid. Some places sell 15.725% and occasionally you see it even weaker than that. Generally the higher strength is less expensive, ie half strength tends to cost more than half as much. However, lower strengths are easier to handle.

Duraleigh is correct. Muriatic Acid is also used to etch concrete prior to sealing. If you find Drylock, Thermoseal or another cement sealer at Home Depot, Lowes or local Hardware store, you should be able to find Muriatic Acid close by.

As mentioned this etches concrete, therefore, it should be handled with care for yourself and any concrete near the pool. Also note that some areas like NYC do not carry it at Home Depot (not sure about Lowes) anymore. Also not sure if it is a law or self imposed by Home Depot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.