Mission Impossible?

pool1999

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 2, 2011
727-Florida
( Enter Mission Impossible "theme music" )

This is your mission.

Find a robot pool cleaner that cleans the walls and bottom of a swimming pool tirelessly and without to much back talk. This robot must work well in an fiberglass pool, be dependable, and not cost more than $800 ( less is ok :wink: ) Pool dimensions are 14X30.

This thread will self destruct.........eventually.

JasonLion said:
Take a look at the Poolvergnuegen cleaners. They have gotten good reviews.

Jason, i like The Pool Cleaner and the price is outstanding. I have not found one negative review on TFP for that product and the video of it in action is great. My only reservation is that its not a robot ( im trying to avoid messing around with a hose) and i don't think it will clean/climb the walls, right?

Is a robot cleaner somewhat "overkill" for the pool i have? So far when i look in there all of the dirt just slides down the sides and collects at the base of the walls and its not a large pool by any means.

They will climb the walls, but they do have a hose.

Finding a good robot for $800 is difficult. You might be able to find a Blue Pearl for that price but it will take some searching and involves compromises. I much prefer the Blue Diamond, but that is significantly more money.

Hmmmm, the pool cleaner does climb the walls like a champ, i just watched their video on youtube. I have to give this cleaner some more consideration and give them a call and see which model ( 4 wheel or 2 wheel ) would work best for my pool. I did look into the Blue Pearl but after reading the reviews the Blue Diamond seems like the better choice. It has a 4 year warranty and its tough to find a customer who doesn't like it. So its down to The Pool Cleaner and The Blue Diamond.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
PoolGuyNJ said:
Robots tend to be too wide to work well if the shell has a lot of curves. Sweeps suck as the Pool Cleaner, Polaris 280 or 3900, or Pentair Legend are better here.

Scott

Thanks Scott, my shell has a few curves and i have decided not to go and buy a Robot at this time. I figure i will get a suction side cleaner for now. Sometime down the road when i need a new cleaner i will ask friend who has a robot and borrow it......see how it goes.

Last night i threw "The pool cleaner" ( four wheel model) into our pool for the first time and let it run. It did a great job! I watched it climb the walls, clean the sides, bottom, shallow and deep end with no problems. It was quiet and efficient. I didn't have to adjust anything, it worked perfectly right out of the box.

Thank you Jason, Scott, and Ligtingguy, this is a great cleaner and the price is very reasonable.....i love it! :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.