Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mission Impossible?

1. Back To Top    #1

Mission Impossible?

( Enter Mission Impossible "theme music" )

This is your mission.

Find a robot pool cleaner that cleans the walls and bottom of a swimming pool tirelessly and without to much back talk. This robot must work well in an fiberglass pool, be dependable, and not cost more than $800 ( less is ok ) Pool dimensions are 14X30.

This thread will self destruct.........eventually.
    Anton and Michele

11.5K Gallon (14X30), In Ground Fiberglass Pool, Hayward Aqua Rite Salt Chlorinator, Hayward Super II 1 hp Pump, Hayward Star Clear Plus 90sqf Cartridge Filter, TF100 Test Kit, BBB
    Well ok, the construction is still ongoing but i just want to dump SOME bleach in that dang pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Mission Impossible?

I thnik it's called..................the "Husband" model!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Take a look at the Poolvergnuegen cleaners. They have gotten good reviews.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp
    I thnik it's called..................the "Husband" model!

Nice one Woody! I think that model is equipped with the Margaritaville frozen concoction maker too....
    Anton and Michele

11.5K Gallon (14X30), In Ground Fiberglass Pool, Hayward Aqua Rite Salt Chlorinator, Hayward Super II 1 hp Pump, Hayward Star Clear Plus 90sqf Cartridge Filter, TF100 Test Kit, BBB
    Well ok, the construction is still ongoing but i just want to dump SOME bleach in that dang pool

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Take a look at the Poolvergnuegen cleaners. They have gotten good reviews.
    Jason, i like The Pool Cleaner and the price is outstanding. I have not found one negative review on TFP for that product and the video of it in action is great. My only reservation is that its not a robot ( im trying to avoid messing around with a hose) and i don't think it will clean/climb the walls, right?

Is a robot cleaner somewhat "overkill" for the pool i have? So far when i look in there all of the dirt just slides down the sides and collects at the base of the walls and its not a large pool by any means.
    Anton and Michele

6. Back To Top    #6

They will climb the walls, but they do have a hose.

Finding a good robot for $800 is difficult. You might be able to find a Blue Pearl for that price but it will take some searching and involves compromises. I much prefer the Blue Diamond, but that is significantly more money.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Hmmmm, the pool cleaner does climb the walls like a champ, i just watched their video on youtube. I have to give this cleaner some more consideration and give them a call and see which model ( 4 wheel or 2 wheel ) would work best for my pool. I did look into the Blue Pearl but after reading the reviews the Blue Diamond seems like the better choice. It has a 4 year warranty and its tough to find a customer who doesn't like it. So its down to The Pool Cleaner and The Blue Diamond.
    Anton and Michele

8. Back To Top    #8

If you go with the Poolcleaner - get a 4 wheel. My 2 wheel has a nasty habit of leaning back (so the suction is off the floor)
    16K Gal Plaster | Compupool SWG | Intelliflow VF | TF-100

9. Back To Top    #9

Robots tend to be too wide to work well if the shell has a lot of curves. Sweeps suck as the Pool Cleaner, Polaris 280 or 3900, or Pentair Legend are better here.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by lightingguy
    If you go with the Poolcleaner - get a 4 wheel. My 2 wheel has a nasty habit of leaning back (so the suction is off the floor)

OK Lightingguy, i will keep that in mind. Do you think that is that because of the weight of the hose?
    Anton and Michele

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    Robots tend to be too wide to work well if the shell has a lot of curves. Sweeps suck as the Pool Cleaner, Polaris 280 or 3900, or Pentair Legend are better here.

Scott

Thanks Scott, my shell has a few curves and i have decided not to go and buy a Robot at this time. I figure i will get a suction side cleaner for now. Sometime down the road when i need a new cleaner i will ask friend who has a robot and borrow it......see how it goes.
    Anton and Michele

12. Back To Top    #12

Last night i threw "The pool cleaner" ( four wheel model) into our pool for the first time and let it run. It did a great job! I watched it climb the walls, clean the sides, bottom, shallow and deep end with no problems. It was quiet and efficient. I didn't have to adjust anything, it worked perfectly right out of the box.

Thank you Jason, Scott, and Ligtingguy, this is a great cleaner and the price is very reasonable.....i love it!
    Anton and Michele