Autopilot SWG

onewomanarmy

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 8, 2011
I've been reading discussions here on the SWG and doing some comparisons of features and am leaning towards either the AutoPilot Dig-42 or the AquaRite 40k gal for my 19x42ish oval inground pool. I'm torn between the two - they both sound like good solid performers - but the AutoPilot is about 20% more than the Hayward I believe. The AutoPilot has some nice features, and that's the one I'm leaning towards, just need to justify the price difference I guess. In general, the added features aren't a necessity - but would be nice in situations where we may have someone else taking care of the pool or whatnot. I also would like being able to tie it to my pump/filter and run certain times vs 24/7 as I did last year. Thought I'd check with people who have either unit. Usually on boards like this, you see a specific product come up when there's a problem and not so much when everything is working as it should until someone asks.

So, I'm asking. :-D

What you got and how do you like it? Reliable? Easy to use? Worth the money?

I love my AutoPilot unit, well worth the extra money for me. Personally, I love the alpha numeric readout that explains things in english on the AutoPilot. They are both very well thought of and both have problems occasionally.

Installed the system and couldn't be happier!! Went in easy and the menu's were easy enough to get through and set up.

One area that I found that was not really clear in the manual was that you have to specify the type of cell you have. Came factory preset for the 48 cell so you have to reset this if you have a different cell.

Overall I am very happy so far with the system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.