Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Autopilot SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Autopilot SWG

I've been reading discussions here on the SWG and doing some comparisons of features and am leaning towards either the AutoPilot Dig-42 or the AquaRite 40k gal for my 19x42ish oval inground pool. I'm torn between the two - they both sound like good solid performers - but the AutoPilot is about 20% more than the Hayward I believe. The AutoPilot has some nice features, and that's the one I'm leaning towards, just need to justify the price difference I guess. In general, the added features aren't a necessity - but would be nice in situations where we may have someone else taking care of the pool or whatnot. I also would like being able to tie it to my pump/filter and run certain times vs 24/7 as I did last year. Thought I'd check with people who have either unit. Usually on boards like this, you see a specific product come up when there's a problem and not so much when everything is working as it should until someone asks.

So, I'm asking.

What you got and how do you like it? Reliable? Easy to use? Worth the money?
    19x43 Inground Vinyl Pool, approx 22 years old, no main drain, 2 (lopsided!) skimmers, 2 returns.
    1 HP Pentair Superflow Pump
    27" Hayward Sand Filter
    AutoPilot SWCG
    Aquabot T-4 Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Autopilot SWG

I love my AutoPilot unit, well worth the extra money for me. Personally, I love the alpha numeric readout that explains things in english on the AutoPilot. They are both very well thought of and both have problems occasionally.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

After doing a lot of reading on this site and others I decided on the Autopilot.

Will be installing it this W/E and will let you know how it goes.
    16,000 Gallon IG SWG Plaster Pool
    Jandy Cartridge Filter
    Integrated hottub with gas heater
    Pump Size 1 hp
    Gilbert AZ

4. Back To Top    #4

Installed the system and couldn't be happier!! Went in easy and the menu's were easy enough to get through and set up.

One area that I found that was not really clear in the manual was that you have to specify the type of cell you have. Came factory preset for the 48 cell so you have to reset this if you have a different cell.

Overall I am very happy so far with the system.
    16,000 Gallon IG SWG Plaster Pool
    Jandy Cartridge Filter
    Integrated hottub with gas heater
    Pump Size 1 hp
    Gilbert AZ