Polaris 360 hose connectors & hose nut problems

ivyleager

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 6, 2007
Raleigh-Durham,NC
My new Polaris 360 is cleaning pool quite nicely. However, I am continually having water leaking out of the hose connections. When I attempted to tighten, as per manual, they pretty much all broke. Pool store tech guy came out and also attempted to fix leaking. He broke some too. He did order me 6 more (free) and I've replaced them. Well, half are still leaking. Not the best engineering design, to say the very least.

Anyone have this problem, or have any suggestions?

Thanks,

CaryB

P.S. Pool cleaners are my albatros. My original Polaris 165 died after 1.5 years, and replacing internal piston ($$) did not fix it. Resorted to manually cleaning for 1 season, then bought a WaterTech PoolBuster CGMax which died after 2 months. Can't get anyone @ WaterTech to call me back (3 messages to date). Now bought the Polaris 360 last month and while it is cleaning the pool, I'm having this water leakage problem, which I'm assuming alters the pressure gradients.

I've been fighting that problem for a year with my 360. I've spent about $30 this year on new nuts, which don't fix the problem. I've also cut off the ends of the hoses to make them as perfect as possible and have replaced/repaired some hose. I finally pulled off the nuts and attached the hoses to the fittings with X-treme Tape Marine made by VYPAR Products. I think I got it at Walmart and started changing out the nuts about two weeks ago. Hose needs to be clean and dry. I wrap it tightly over and over and immediately throw the thing back in the pool. It is running better than ever. I don't plan to buy any more hose nuts if I can help it. The new ones seemed defective to me because the little edges would pop out when I tried to tighten them. I also patched a leak in the hose. It was a little fountain and it has held, too. This appears to be a cheap and wonderful product. I think I paid $5 or $6 for a roll. I am amazed. It also says it withstands salt water. Gee.

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I'm also using the shallow end return instead of the deep end return and getting much better results overall. It still does wheelies intermittently, but my pool bottom gets cleaned in about 2.5 hrs, so I'm happy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.