Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Confused Newbie. Do I need Pentair Easy Touch?

1. Back To Top    #1

Confused Newbie. Do I need Pentair Easy Touch?

I'm confused. For a basic pool with possible future water feature should I get an Easy Touch/IC 20 combo plus Intelliflo VS-3050 for $1940 or just get tye VS-3050 and a separate IC 20 for $1589? Am I really gaining anything for the extra $350?
    Plaster pool inground 22,000 gallons with spa. Pentair Intelliflo, IC40 salt generator, WiFi control/Easy Touch.
    Hayward 1.5 HP pump on 750 gallon spa. Sand filters. Auto chlorinator on spa. Auto water level. Dolphin M500. TF100 XL with Speed Stir. Apera Instruments AI311 PH60 Premium Waterproof pH Pocket Tester

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Confused Newbie. Do I need Pentair Easy Touch?

Yes you are gaining an entire control system! One that you can add a wireless remote to, to control waterfall, lights, solar, heater ect.
    $350 is a deal! $1940 is barely over the cost on this setup.

3. Back To Top    #3

The EasyTouch also gets you a timer that is able to turn the pump on and off and change it's speed at set times. A plain vanilla timer can turn it on and off, but not change it's speed.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Get the EasyTouch. You won't regret it.
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump