Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Confused Newbie. Do I need Pentair Easy Touch?

1. Back To Top    #1

Confused Newbie. Do I need Pentair Easy Touch?

I'm confused. For a basic pool with possible future water feature should I get an Easy Touch/IC 20 combo plus Intelliflo VS-3050 for $1940 or just get tye VS-3050 and a separate IC 20 for $1589? Am I really gaining anything for the extra $350?
    Plaster pool inground 22,000 gallons with spa. Pentair Intelliflo, IC40 salt generator, WiFi control/Easy Touch.
    Hayward 1.5 HP pump on 750 gallon spa. Sand filters. Auto chlorinator on spa. Auto water level. Dolphin M500. TF100 XL with Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Confused Newbie. Do I need Pentair Easy Touch?

Yes you are gaining an entire control system! One that you can add a wireless remote to, to control waterfall, lights, solar, heater ect.
    $350 is a deal! $1940 is barely over the cost on this setup.

3. Back To Top    #3

The EasyTouch also gets you a timer that is able to turn the pump on and off and change it's speed at set times. A plain vanilla timer can turn it on and off, but not change it's speed.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Get the EasyTouch. You won't regret it.
    IG 23K Gal, Quad DE 80, PebbleSheen, Intelliflo VS+SVRS, MT 400 NG, Stenner Pump