Test Results after partial drain

Hark

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 12, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I did a partial drain couple of days ago because my CYA had to have been way over 100.
Have my TF100 on order and have not received it yet but here are the results from taking a sample to Leslie's.

FAC 4.0
TAC 4.0
pH 7.8
TA 100
TDS 900
CYA 80
Phosphates 100

Pretty windy here in AZ today so there is an accumulation of leaves but other than that the water looks pretty clear. What do you think?
First time they did not try to sell me PhoseFree.

Numbers look pretty good. I assume you are manually dosing with chlorine?? If that is the case you want to keep you FC level above 6ppm (shoot for 9ppm) due to your CYA level being a little high still. Forget the phosphates and TDS readings, they do not need to be tested. At some point you should try to bring that CYA down closer to 50.

You have gotten good info thus far.

Well, a CYA of 80 does seem a little high.......unless you are in an area like Arizona :shock: and many of your neighbors run a higher CYA (than our normal recommendation) because of the intense heat and sun!

If your water is clear and has no chlorine loss issues, you may just want to keep it where it is and maintain the appropriate FC level.

I'm waiting for the TF100 test numbers :) and then, as Paul Harvey said, we'll hear the "rest of the story" :-D

Please double check your CH result, and test your fill water also. If it is truly that high then you will either need to drain and replace water or get a reverse osmosis treatment to bring the CH down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.