Iron water and shocking. Water turns brown

azazel

Feb 3, 2011
Is there any way to prevent water from turning brown after shocking or a shock that is made for well water that has high iron in it? Right now I use iron to clear water up, but doing so seems to bottom shock out. This is with shock and non chlorinated shock. Any suggestions?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

If the water turns brown when you shock that means there is enough iron in the water to cause stains. You can avoid both brown water and stains by using sequestrant. Sequestrant is a chemical that binds to the iron in the water so that it can't form stains or turn brown. Unfortunately, sequestrant breaks down slowly, you need to add more regularly. ProTeam's Metal Magic and Jack's Magic the Pink Stuff (regular), the Blue Stuff (fresh plaster), and the Purple Stuff (SWG) are some of the top sequestrants. You can also find many other brands with similar products, some of which are noticeably less expensive. Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective.

Thanks for reply I mentioned I use super iron out to clear water up but it bottoms chlorine out. I work for rental company these tubs get dump pretty much every check out. Will these products you talk about work with this much dumping on the water?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.