Wiring a SWG with a 3 circuit timer

kcjonz

Mar 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I have a 2 speed pump and was given an Intermatic PE153 from a friend that I have hooked up yet. I am going to be adding a SWG soon (AquaRtie w/ T-15). I need some input on wiring these things together.

Here is the info about the timer http://www.poolandspacontrols.com/~/media/Files/PoolAndSpaControls/Products/Instructions/PE153.ashx

I was thinking of running the timer in Mode 4. (High Pump, Low Pump, Cleaner Pump)

Having the pump obviously 1 = High 2 = Low and then the SWG on 3.

Using the timer in this mode will ensure the SWG is never on unless the pump has been running at least one minute per the manual.

I then found this post http://www.troublefreepool.com/whis...c-pe153-digital-timer-t24065.html?hilit=pe153

And deducted I need to wire as follows.

Power comes in on 1 & 2.
Common of motor goes to 1 with power in.
High speed wire on motor goes to 4.
Low speed wire on motor goes to 6.
SWG Common goes to 1 with power in
SWG load goes to 8
A jumper goes from 2 to 3.
A jumper goes from 3 to 5.
A jumper goes from 5 to 7

Any one out there that know more about electricity confirm this and does the Hayward Aquarite run on 240V so this will all wire together?

So for the rambling Thanks in advance.

Typically, a two speed pump with cleaner pump connection will have the cleaner pump circuit only come on when the high speed pump is running, for protection of the system. Low speeds usually doesn't provide enough flow for the cleaner pump to draw from, thus the interlock with high speed mode.
Aquarite does come from the factory wired for 240 volts, unless specifically ordered for 110 volts.
Just make sure you're running the pump in high speed long enough to ensure you generate enough chlorine.

The alternatives are
1) wire the Aquarite on low speed, as long as the low speed is sufficient to activate the flow switch, because the low speed is usually running long enough to ensure sufficient chlorine production.
2) wire the Aquarite to 1 and 2, in which it will be powered all the time and generating when the flow switch detects sufficient flow, in both high and low speed. However, you're strictly relying on the flow switch to provide protection when the pump shuts off... (NOT RECOMMENDED)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.