Solar Cover on a Weird Shapped Pool

Bart

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Northern Virginia
My pool is a non standard shape with almost all curved edges, a tanning ledge and a swim-out/love seat. I'm doing solar heat and I know I need a solar cover to conserve heat on the cold ends of the season. I've poked around some old threads but I'm still not sure what to do about the cover. Some people cut them to fit the contours of the walls and others left the extra material up on the deck where it could be weighed down.

So what should I do?

Cut the cover to fit the shape of the pool (it's likely that I'll need 2 pieces)?
Leave the cover in its original shape and let it drape across the deck (and weigh it down)?

I should note that I live in a pretty windy spot.

Thanks!

You want to cut the cover to fit the pool so that it sits right down on the water and is reasonably close to the wall all around. Then you can cut that into a couple of different pieces that are easier to handle if you want to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.