Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool - What do I need?

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool - What do I need?

http://discounterspoolandspa.com/store/default.aspx

This pool place in our city every April has a big discount sale. I had my pool put in at the end of the summer last year, so I consider this year my new pool year.

When I spoke to one of the employees at the store last fall he said the sale is special invite (we got an invite) and the place is a zoo, shoulder-to-shoulder. If all this is true, I won't have time to browse around, but I want to pick up as much as I can during the pre-summer sale.

- I live in South Western Ontario, Canada
    - My pool is 4 foot shallow end, 8 foot deep end vinyl pool
    - My pool specs

I have an Aquavac robotic cleaner
    Cartridge filter
    6' Stairs into the shallow end
    UV and chlorine sanitation
    Gas Heater
    Solar Blanket w/ roller

What should I shop for to get my pool ready and get me through the pool season this year?
    76549 Liters -- Cartridge Filter -- In Ground -- Vinyl -- TF-100 Test Kit -- AquaVac Robotic Cleaner -- UV Sanitation -- Winter Safety Cover -- Installed 2010 -- Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Latest Test Results June 25:
    FC - 6, CC - 0, CYA - 40, CH - 110, TA - 90, pH - 7.5

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool - What do I need?

I have no idea what you already have, so skip things on this list you have already.

Cyanuric acid
    Liquid chlorine (if you add chlorine manually and their price is good)
    Skimmer socks
    Leaf rake
    Nylon brush or wall whale
    Pole for leaf rake & brush
    Pool toys (noodles, kick board, dive toys, float chair, light show thing, swim belt)
    Water thermometer (unless your heater shows the water temp)
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I'd say look for a K-2006 test kit. But I don't see that on the website. Tf100 is a better deal, but nobody ships them to Canada except one monopoly.

I was also going to suggest a measuring cup. That didn't come up in a search, either.

I guess I'm no help. But I think I use those two items more than anything else.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

I updated my signature with things I have.

To add:
    - Pole
    - Vacuum
    - vacuum hose
    - wall brush
    - thermometer on the heater
    - TF 100 Test Kit
    - Winter Safety Cover
    76549 Liters -- Cartridge Filter -- In Ground -- Vinyl -- TF-100 Test Kit -- AquaVac Robotic Cleaner -- UV Sanitation -- Winter Safety Cover -- Installed 2010 -- Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Latest Test Results June 25:
    FC - 6, CC - 0, CYA - 40, CH - 110, TA - 90, pH - 7.5