Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Plaster Oak Tree Staining

1. Back To Top    #1

New Plaster Oak Tree Staining

Hi - I have a 15,000 gal free form pool with a white pearl pebble tec finish. We have only had water in the pool for about 2 weeks. We live in a suburb of San Antonio and our huge live oak trees are dropping their pollen like mad. What concerns me is that they seem to be staining the finish. Initially the acidic water and brushing seemed to take care of the problem but now it looks awful. My husband is freaking out. Any suggestions?
    23k IG. Plaster. StaRite system 3 Cartridge Filter (S7M120), Pentair MiniMaxNT Heater. IntelliFlo VS (8 Speed). Going BBB

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: New Plaster Oak Tree Staining

Welcome to TFP.

If it's oak staining raising your FC up a bit will probably help. Being that your finish is so new I wouldn't raise it too much all at once.

Please post a set of test results and how you got them if you have them.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: New Plaster Oak Tree Staining

That sounds just like organic staining, which fades away given a little time. As Bama Rambler said, post some test results and we can give you some more specific advice.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School