Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Optimal TA level

1. Back To Top    #1

Optimal TA level

TFP Team:

My TA is currently 110, which i understand is a bit high. I have been hoping it would come down a bit, but rains and the subsequent draining to get back to the proper water level for the skimmer to work properly hasn't effected that number. That said, my pH has been rock solid for a couple weeks at 7.6. I haven't had to add anything to keep these numbers.

Does the pH stability i have enjoyed mean my TA is at the optimal level? Is that the point of TA? To ensure a stable pH level?

Any feedback appreciated.
    Pentair WhisperFlo WFDS-4 - Pentair Tagelus TA 100D
    16x32 Vinyl Rectangle 3.5 to 8 ft deep - One skimmer, One dedicated suction, three returns - 2" PVC
    Poolvergnuegen Two Wheel Suction Cleaner - One Poolskim
    Inter-Fab T7 Diving Board w/Edgewater Assy - Four Pentair Deck Jets - Intermatic T10604R
    Circupool RJ45 - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit (purchased prior to learning of the TF-100, unfortunately)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Optimal TA level

If your PH is stable then there is no need to worry about your TA level. When using bleach/liquid chlorine we recommend TA be 70-90+, where the + means that TA can be higher as long as you aren't having any problems with the PH drifting up.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Optimal TA level

OK, got it. Thanks Jason.
    Pentair WhisperFlo WFDS-4 - Pentair Tagelus TA 100D
    16x32 Vinyl Rectangle 3.5 to 8 ft deep - One skimmer, One dedicated suction, three returns - 2" PVC
    Poolvergnuegen Two Wheel Suction Cleaner - One Poolskim
    Inter-Fab T7 Diving Board w/Edgewater Assy - Four Pentair Deck Jets - Intermatic T10604R
    Circupool RJ45 - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit (purchased prior to learning of the TF-100, unfortunately)