Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: E-Command Pool Management

1. Back To Top    #1

E-Command Pool Management

I'm looking at upgrading to pool to automation management from the manual sundials. The pool builder has recommended the E-Command system with the 6 button remote.

Does anyone have any experiences with this? Is there any reason to get a ProLogic with the AquaPod?

I will be running pool only with heater, 2 values to 3 outputs (side jets, bottom jets and waterfall) and a 2-speed pump.

Thanks for your input.
    Houston
    ~20,000 inground plaster pool
    1.5 HP Hayward
    Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: E-Command Pool Management

The E-Command is a fine choice. The one thing to keep in mind is that most people end up wanting more relays, and often it is more cost effective to get them up front. But if all you need to control are the items you listed then the E-Command will be just fine.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    The E-Command is a fine choice. The one thing to keep in mind is that most people end up wanting more relays, and often it is more cost effective to get them up front. But if all you need to control are the items you listed then the E-Command will be just fine.
    What others items would I want/need to control that I'm not thinking of?

My lights are on a dimmer switch by the house and not near the pool equipment pad, so I don't see myself trying to control those via the remote. Anything else?
    Houston
    ~20,000 inground plaster pool
    1.5 HP Hayward
    Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Possible things you might want to control in the future include an underwater light, landscaping lights, sprinkler system, pool cleaner, etc.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School