New Intelliflo VS pump.

Just-a-PB said:
There Here, :whoot:
I picked one up today at SCP, they had a table top so there was a nice discount.
Basically as far as the pump and speeds it is exactly the same as the 3050, just with a touch screen, 8 speeds, and times for each.
Now if we can just get a place to plug in the remote antenna, and a CVA were in business.

The have an add on interface for it . The part number is 520820. =)

Intelliflo Vs (NEW) came in Y'day. Installed it today. Took me all day. (Re plumbed the suction Side). Turned it on at 1500 rpm. Drawing 290 watts. Filter pressure reading 1 psi. Three eye balls in pool have enough water coming thru them. Will test for leaks and play with it tomorrow. Draws about 2.3 kw at 3450 rpm.

sukhbir said:
Intelliflo Vs (NEW) came in Y'day. Installed it today. Took me all day. (Re plumbed the suction Side). Turned it on at 1500 rpm. Drawing 290 watts. Filter pressure reading 1 psi. Three eye balls in pool have enough water coming thru them. Will test for leaks and play with it tomorrow. Draws about 2.3 kw at 3450 rpm.

So, which site did you end up ordering from? I'm thinking about purchasing this as well to replace my old 2 pump setup.

spillmar said:
If you have an Intellitouch no real difference that I am aware of. New product models to generate sales.

there have been firmware updates to the programming, so i'm sure one benefit of this (other than the timer, of course) would be the latest and greatest firmware.

and there is always the potential that they tweaked it to be a little more efficient! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok. I am running my 8 speed Intelliflow now. Here are my test results

RPM, Watts, Filter PSI, Vacuum (in of Hg), Total Head
2600, 1160, 15, 8, 43.706
2400, 943, 13, 7, 37.954
2200, 735, 10.5, 5, 29.915
2000, 570, 8.5, 4, 24.163
1725, 385, 6, 3, 17.256
1500, 275, 3, 1.5, 8.628
1200, 175, 1, 1, 3.442
1000, 150, 0, 0.75, 0.849

At 1200 rpm and below watt reading fluctuates constantly between 137 - 170 can't really read a fixed #

Actually even down at 750 rpm there is flow coming out of eye balls in the pool but pump starts to vibrate and watt reading fluctuates like crazy and filter psi & vacuum read 0

>> At 1200 rpm and below watt reading fluctuates constantly between 137 - 170

IntelliFlow VF stays steady at 155-158 watts @ 1200 rpm

>> Actually even down at 750 rpm there is flow coming out of eye balls in the pool but pump starts to vibrate and watt reading fluctuates like crazy

IntelliFlow VF steady, no rumble, very quiet at 750 rpm and watts at 75-80

The difference in how these these pumps run at very low speeds may be a result of the disharge side pressure, correct? I imagine a minimum amount of back pressure is required for the pumps to operate smoothly. Perhaps, this accounts for the watts reading bouncing and the pumps vibration?

here's a tip for "the rumble" at ultralow speeds

small antivibration pads under the surface touching concrete, similar to what is used in installing large inverter heatpumps for A/C heating/cooling (not pools).

the material is made from a semihard rubber which is UV A/B resistant and eliminates totally any vibration from the motor or combined effect on water/impeller/motor

locally I buy from grainger (they also have nationwide warehouses/web site) for contractors and professionals.

Re: New Intelliflo VS pump. got mine today!

I took the plunge and use my tax refund to get the pump from http://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/. I was very surprise of their facility. It turns out that they are based out of a trailer in Ontario California. I wish them well for the mom and pop's shop.
I walked out of their store with a price of 909.73 including tax. Next, I tried to use s.cal edison's website to complete my rebate of 200 dollars but the pump does not appear in their records. Also, their system does not allow me to complete the forms because my account number was not recognized by their computer. I will call them tomorrow to get more information regarding all the red tape.

George from Claremont.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.