Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Intelliflo VS pump.

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

New Intelliflo VS pump.

The New Pentair Intelliflo VS pump will replace the 3050.
    It will have 8 speeds, and built in timers for each speed, with a LCD screen as well to program it as a stand alone.
    All this for roughly the same price we have been paying.
    Pentair

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Intelliflo VS pump.

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-PB
    The New Pentair Intelliflo VS pump will replace the 3050.
    It will have 8 speeds, and built in timers for each speed, with a LCD screen as well to program it as a stand alone.
    All this for roughly the same price we have been paying.
    Pentair

They have been talking about doing this since 6 months after the original's release.

Hopefully it doesn't take 2 years to hit distribution.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Part number
    It is showing as a stock item at SCP so I assume they have been ordered.
    I will let you know when I see it hit.

5. Back To Top    #5

Is this just an interface/programmability change? Does the pump still have the same motor, drive, and wet side?
    8,700 gallon IG pool (including 2000 gallon spill-over spa), WetEdge Northshore Tahoe (Satin Matrix) finish, Hayward SwimPure Plus T-15, Jandy JXi 260k propane heater, Jandy FloPro 1.5HP 2 speed pump, Jandy CS 150 cartridge filter, TF-100, Borates added, BBB is the way for me!

6. Back To Top    #6

The marketing text implies that there are improvements throughout, but the only things they specifically mention are in the programability and user interface.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

I think I read the same document you are referring to. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on two EcoStars (which I decided on for their slight advantage in efficiency, and since the EcoStar was more open ended on automation systems, which I do not have currently, but you never know) But I may have to do some more research to determine if there are differences.

I'm sure that the marketing info would have mentioned something if there were "new and improved" motor or drive design changes?
    8,700 gallon IG pool (including 2000 gallon spill-over spa), WetEdge Northshore Tahoe (Satin Matrix) finish, Hayward SwimPure Plus T-15, Jandy JXi 260k propane heater, Jandy FloPro 1.5HP 2 speed pump, Jandy CS 150 cartridge filter, TF-100, Borates added, BBB is the way for me!

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Great pump. Gotta love Pentair.

9. Back To Top    #9

I am not certain how many different speeds are available for each preset speed. Basically, it's a VF-SVRS without the SVRS module in the firmware. I know the load sensing that the SVRS and VF models required the very low end of the available speeds to be brought up to a higher speed but I don't see any reason for that to be the case with then new version. The original VS-3050 had 305 selectable speeds for each preset.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

10. Back To Top    #10

So with the LCD/timers, this pump can then run by itself without a separate automator/timer? I was about to pull the trigger on an Intelliflo VF because I didn't want to pay for an automator, but if this new VS can do it for cheaper, that may be the way to go.

Any idea if they'll come out with a new VF that's more efficient?
    15k gunite pool. Intelliflo VF. Autopilot SWG.
    2k separate spa with waterfall (ie: pain in the rear maintaining a separate body of water). 2HP Hayward Tristar pump.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    I am not certain how many different speeds are available for each preset speed. Basically, it's a VF-SVRS without the SVRS module in the firmware. I know the load sensing that the SVRS and VF models required the very low end of the available speeds to be brought up to a higher speed but I don't see any reason for that to be the case with then new version. The original VS-3050 had 305 selectable speeds for each preset.

Scott

So basically you think the new VS model will be able to run a lower speed thereby possibly making it even more efficient then the VF which has to have the lower speed brought up to a higher speed? Sorry for the dumb question, but I often need things spelled out...
    15k gunite pool. Intelliflo VF. Autopilot SWG.
    2k separate spa with waterfall (ie: pain in the rear maintaining a separate body of water). 2HP Hayward Tristar pump.

12. Back To Top    #12

PoolGuyNJ is expecting that the new pump will have the very lowest speeds, which not all of the models do. That is also what I expect will happen.

All of the IntelliFlo pumps to date have optimum efficiency at about 1,000 RPM. The loss of the lowest speeds on some models doesn't affect their optimal efficiency, since they all have speeds around 1,000 RPM. The new one may or may not be different in this regard, we don't know yet.

13. Back To Top    #13

23k IG. Plaster. StaRite system 3 Cartridge Filter (S7M120), Pentair MiniMaxNT Heater. IntelliFlo VS (8 Speed). Going BBB

14. Back To Top    #14

Ordering mine tomorrow from http://azwholesalepoolequipment.com/pen ... dpump.aspx.

Has anybody heard about these guys ?

thanks
    23k IG. Plaster. StaRite system 3 Cartridge Filter (S7M120), Pentair MiniMaxNT Heater. IntelliFlo VS (8 Speed). Going BBB

15. Back To Top    #15

In the Industry

Just an fyi, I live in Scottsdale, and that business is a Residential address. Not that, that means anything.
    I dont believe anyone has these in stock as of yet, so dont give them money, maybe a preorder?

16. Back To Top    #16

Thanks Just-a-PB

17. Back To Top    #17

In the Industry

No Problem,
    Just google the address and look at the images. It is a nice house.

18. Back To Top    #18

My VS-3050 will arrive Monday. I was worried about waiting for this new version since my pool build begins the week after next.
    Besides 8 functions, is there any difference between this and a 3050 plus the Easy Touch controller?
    Plaster pool inground 22,000 gallons with spa. Pentair Intelliflo, IC40 salt generator, WiFi control/Easy Touch.
    Hayward 1.5 HP pump on 750 gallon spa. Sand filters. Auto chlorinator on spa. Auto water level. Dolphin M500. TF100 XL with Speed Stir

19. Back To Top    #19

When using an EasyTouch there isn't any difference. The EasyTouch runs both pumps the exact same way. The big advantage of the new model is the stand alone timer, which you won't be using.

20. Back To Top    #20

In the Industry

There Here,
    I picked one up today at SCP, they had a table top so there was a nice discount.
    Basically as far as the pump and speeds it is exactly the same as the 3050, just with a touch screen, 8 speeds, and times for each.
    Now if we can just get a place to plug in the remote antenna, and a CVA were in business.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast