Difference between Pentair 261049 and 261050?

Mar 28, 2011
Space Coast, Florida
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
This will be going on a Quad DE 60 w/ Hayward EcoStar pump. The manual for the Quad DE says 261050, but I think the one that poolsupplyworld has in the "DE Kit" is 261049. What is the difference between these two?

261049 Pentair HiFlow 2"
261050 Pentair Pac Fab HiFlow WG

Thanks Jason, my next question was going to be what is the difference between those two. Pentair's site isn't very helpful as far as specifications on those two valves.

About 30 dollars :)

They are both six position valves and both pre plumbed.
I believe the valve design is slightly different.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I haven't compared them myself, but based on Pentair's claims the more expensive one (261050) has larger channels for the water to flow through, and thus less total resistance to flow. Generally, replacing a single part with a high flow variant makes only a tiny difference that most people can't distinguish. But replacing all of the components in your system with high flow variants can add up to a fairly large difference that you can notice.

I'm waiting for my plumber to install a Quad DE filter with the 261050 high flow valve. However, the Quad DE has input on the bottom and output on the top.. this valve has the input on the top and output on bottom. Why would this valve be recommended for this filter if the plumbing is reversed?

EDIT: Never mind. I just took the filter out of the box, and the input is on the top. I could swear I saw a picture of the Quad DE filter online with the input clearly labeled on the bottom. Weird.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.