VAC and then Chlorine?

belgique

LifeTime Supporter
Pool has a fair amount of algae crud on the bottom (but can see bottom). Should I vac that to waster before starting to dump in my 12% chlorine? or do it together...would seem a waste of chlorine to vac it overboard.?

This year I WILL like my pool because it will not beat me down as it has in past years! :whip:

belgique said:
Pool has a fair amount of algae crud on the bottom (but can see bottom). Should I vac that to waster before starting to dump in my 12% chlorine? or do it together...would seem a waste of chlorine to vac it overboard.?

This year I WILL like my pool because it will not beat me down as it has in past years! :whip:
Get as much organic stuff out as you can before you start chlorinating. Otherwise the chlorine will try oxidizing it away, which is a waste.
Chlorine is for stuff that's too small to catch in the skimmer net!

I'm with these guys. Just did two runs of vac to waste, did the opening shock and the pool is lookin' good. :D

+1 on not letting your pool kick you around. I started early this year and the reward is not having to drain the thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.