Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi, I am going to installl a stenner pump to dose MA and wanted some feed back as to the best location for the emiter. I know it should be after the pump and heater, but what about the chlorine cell? I was thinking if I put it before the cell then the acid would help to keep it clean but dont know if it would damage it over a long period of time. I do plan on diluting the acid 4:1. Thanks

Which pump are you going with?
How quickly are you planning on adding the acid?

If you're injecting it slowly over a pretty long period of time it would probably be ok to put it before the cell. Having said that, I'd put it past the discharge of the cell just to be absolutely sure it never created a problem.

I would put the acid injection after the heater and before the SWG cell. That is the approach the AutoPilot Total Control system recommends. This approach will help reduce scaling in the SWG cell.

I have a stenner pump that was used for chlorine injection in a well and has a 17gpd rate which is slow and with diluting the acid I figure it would be ok.

Is the pump going to be on a timer by itself?

17gpd is a lot of acid. Hopefully it's an adjustable model. That'll get you down to .8 gals per day and if you put it on a timer you should be able to dial in what you need. If it's too big, you can change the tube to a #1 tube and it'll be a 5gpd model.

I was wondering about different pump tubes. My plan is to have it on a seperate timer tied to the pool pump operation. My pool needs about a quart of acid a week, so I may need to change to the #1 tubes and adjust the dilution ratio since the pump run time would be fast with the 17gpd rate.

Mine is located after pump, before filter and before IC40 Cell. Since it injects very tiny amounts and only based on sensor readings, there is never an issue. It also is shut off automatically once pump drops below 150 watts. This allows me to run ultralow speeds without the IntelliChlor or Simpool being active, just for filtration.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.