Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Does this filter require backwashing? Purex Triton Sea Hors

1. Back To Top    #1

Does this filter require backwashing? Purex Triton Sea Hors

Hi,
    Here is a thread which has exact same picture as my filter (Purex Triton seahorse):

purex-triton-sea-horse-any-advice-t7953.html

Since it is a cartridge filter, I was wondering if they require backwashing. I have read lots of threads about backwashing sand filters but wondered if this one needed it.

If it does - can you please point me to the switch to set it on backwash mode, on the filter? There is a air valve/bleeding valve on top of the filter but not sure if it is the same one,.

There is also a backwash setting on the pool plumbing, but I was wondering if you have to set a switch on the filter itself for backwash, or is the pool plumbing valve enough.

Thanks, Aaron
    15'x30' 10K gal, in-ground, cartridge filter, waterfall, spa, The Pool Cleaner, Purex Triton 250 heater, pool built ~1999.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Does this filter require backwashing? Purex Triton Sea

Cartridge filters are not backwashed. You have to disassemble them and clean the element.

http://www.unicelfilters.com/pool_owner ... _users.asp

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Does this filter require backwashing? Purex Triton Sea

By the way, there's no backwash valve on your plumbing. The hose spigot is just for draining (slowly).
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden