Did research...pump/filter

oasis1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Hi again,

I looked into the Hayward Max Flo II pumps and Hayward Star Clear Plus Filters....which should I get?

PUMPS
3/4 HP 2 speed Model number SP2707X102

1 HP 2 speed Model number SP2710X152

1.5 HP 2 speed Model number SP2715X202

FILTERS

120 sq. ft. Model number C1200

175 sq. ft. Model number C17502

If you could look at the specs for each of these....the whole "feet of head" "gpm" "up/full rated" "service factor" has got me soooooo confused!!!!! :hammer:

I just need to know what combination will work for us!!!! :) My pool guy is NO HELP!!! You all are our only help!!!

Sticking with Hayward, and assuming you don't have any water features, no solar, no spa, no waterfall, no fountain: get the 3/4 HP 2 speed pump and get the largest of the SwimClear filters you can afford. They aren't available as a package and thus will cost a little more, but it will be well worth it in the end. If you have to get a Star Clear Plus for budget reasons, get the largest one, the 175 sqft.

The larger filter will go longer between cleanings and filter better, while the smaller pump will save you money on electricity without compromising anything.

Okay, so I just spoke to a lady at Hayward, she suggested either a 1 HP Super Pump 2 speed model SP2607X102S or 3/4 HP Super II model SP3007EEAZ

Which one out of these two would you go with? Also, I'm going to have to order this online....I've seen some places are not reputable. I was recomended the POOL CENTER, but they do not sell either one of these models. Please give me some suggestions (more than one so I can compare Prices).

Thanks

Amazon has the SP2607X102S with free shipping. You know you can trust Amazon.

If you just put the model number in a Google search it'll show you several places that sell them. Amazon's price seems to be pretty good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.