Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Did research...pump/filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Did research...pump/filter

Hi again,

I looked into the Hayward Max Flo II pumps and Hayward Star Clear Plus Filters....which should I get?

PUMPS
    3/4 HP 2 speed Model number SP2707X102

1 HP 2 speed Model number SP2710X152

1.5 HP 2 speed Model number SP2715X202

FILTERS

120 sq. ft. Model number C1200

175 sq. ft. Model number C17502

If you could look at the specs for each of these....the whole "feet of head" "gpm" "up/full rated" "service factor" has got me soooooo confused!!!!!

I just need to know what combination will work for us!!!! My pool guy is NO HELP!!! You all are our only help!!!
    15x30x54 AquaLeader Sentinelle AGP
    2 HP 2 Speed Hayward SwimPro Voyager Pump
    Hayward SwimPro Voyager 150 sq. ft. Filter
    Hayward H series millivolt 150 btu Heater
    TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Did research...pump/filter

Sticking with Hayward, and assuming you don't have any water features, no solar, no spa, no waterfall, no fountain: get the 3/4 HP 2 speed pump and get the largest of the SwimClear filters you can afford. They aren't available as a package and thus will cost a little more, but it will be well worth it in the end. If you have to get a Star Clear Plus for budget reasons, get the largest one, the 175 sqft.

The larger filter will go longer between cleanings and filter better, while the smaller pump will save you money on electricity without compromising anything.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Ditto what Jason said. Just for reinforcement!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

When looking at the specs of the 3/4 HP pump it looks like it is actually over 1 HP. Can that be correct?

We are getting the 175 sq. ft. cartridge Star Clear Plus Filter. Thanks for your input.
    TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

That is correct. It's called SFHP (Service Factor Horse Power) For instance I have a 1½ hp pump but it's SF is 1.0 so it's really the same size as a 1 hp full rated pump.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Okay, so I just spoke to a lady at Hayward, she suggested either a 1 HP Super Pump 2 speed model SP2607X102S or 3/4 HP Super II model SP3007EEAZ

Which one out of these two would you go with? Also, I'm going to have to order this online....I've seen some places are not reputable. I was recomended the POOL CENTER, but they do not sell either one of these models. Please give me some suggestions (more than one so I can compare Prices).

Thanks
    TF-100

7. Back To Top    #7

Amazon has the SP2607X102S with free shipping. You know you can trust Amazon.

If you just put the model number in a Google search it'll show you several places that sell them. Amazon's price seems to be pretty good.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator