AutoPiloot Digital not working

zeuben

Apr 6, 2011
At the end of last season when i powered up the auto pilot the red light would flash a few seconds then display would come up. I think it was pool pilot with the software version number, and that is all it does. Control pad does nothing.
Any ideas? please!

thanks Dave H.

Welcome to TFP!

When you turn it on it goes through a short self test procedure, red light flashes, and then a couple of different things are displayed, each for a short time, and finally it comes up and you can use the controls. On some of the older units, if the internal battery is dead, it will only turn on all the way every other or every third time. Try cycling power again and see if anything is different.

DaveH, its possible that the plastic stand offs that hold the circuit board to the cover are broken, so that when you press any button, the board pushes away and does nothing.
Turn the power off and remove the top cover. Disconnect the wire harnesses and inspect the circuit board. There are 4 screws holding it down. If you remove them, you will see the stand offs. Also, while you have the board off, press the buttons to make sure they are operating freely, and not obstructed with debris.

Do you have a display at all?

The standoffs are ok. When I power up it runs throught its test cycle, display reads "remote compatible" red light flashes 15 times then display reads
"Pool Pilot
Digital v 4.02"
no fans no nothing just the display I just wrote.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.