PAL 2000 light vs the PAL TREO

Jun 29, 2010
Austin, TX
I'm getting an IG fiberglass pool installed and the equipment was just delivered.

I had spec'd PAL 2000 lights in the contract, but they delivered PAL TREO lights. From what I understand the TREO is more of a retrofit light. From the pictures is looks like the housing sticks pretty far out from the wall. The PAL 2000 looks like it is much more flush with the wall and looks much cleaner. Of course I can only go my the pictures on the manufacturers website as I have never seen an install in person.

Does anyone have knowledge of these lights? Should I get them to exchange them for the PAL 2000?

Thanks for info you can give.

You are correct, the only significant difference is that the PAL 2000 is normally mounted flush to the pool wall, while the PAL Treo is normally mounted so that it sticks out about 1/2". That makes the Treo easier to mount as a retrofit, but it is also used on new builds.

If the contract says PAL 2000, I would either make them use the 2000 or get some money back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.