Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PAL 2000 light vs the PAL TREO

1. Back To Top    #1

PAL 2000 light vs the PAL TREO

I'm getting an IG fiberglass pool installed and the equipment was just delivered.

I had spec'd PAL 2000 lights in the contract, but they delivered PAL TREO lights. From what I understand the TREO is more of a retrofit light. From the pictures is looks like the housing sticks pretty far out from the wall. The PAL 2000 looks like it is much more flush with the wall and looks much cleaner. Of course I can only go my the pictures on the manufacturers website as I have never seen an install in person.

Does anyone have knowledge of these lights? Should I get them to exchange them for the PAL 2000?

Thanks for info you can give.
    3900 Gallon (18 x 8.5 x 5) Partially In Ground Fiberglass Pool -- 2" Schedule 40 PVC -- Hayward P4 Controller -- Goldline Aqua Rite Turbo Cell Salt Chlorinator -- Hayward 2 Speed Max Flo II 1 HP Pump -- Hayward SwimClear 225 sqft Cartridge Filter -- Hayward 250K BTU Natural Gas Heater -- Endless Pool Fastlane Swim Machine -- Cover Pools Manual Track & Reel Security Cover -- TF-100 Testkit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PAL 2000 light vs the PAL TREO

You are correct, the only significant difference is that the PAL 2000 is normally mounted flush to the pool wall, while the PAL Treo is normally mounted so that it sticks out about 1/2". That makes the Treo easier to mount as a retrofit, but it is also used on new builds.

If the contract says PAL 2000, I would either make them use the 2000 or get some money back.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: PAL 2000 light vs the PAL TREO

Thanks Jason. I talked to the builder and he is going to swap out the Treo and get me a 2000.
    3900 Gallon (18 x 8.5 x 5) Partially In Ground Fiberglass Pool -- 2" Schedule 40 PVC -- Hayward P4 Controller -- Goldline Aqua Rite Turbo Cell Salt Chlorinator -- Hayward 2 Speed Max Flo II 1 HP Pump -- Hayward SwimClear 225 sqft Cartridge Filter -- Hayward 250K BTU Natural Gas Heater -- Endless Pool Fastlane Swim Machine -- Cover Pools Manual Track & Reel Security Cover -- TF-100 Testkit