Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Kudos to Strong Industries - Costco Spas

1. Back To Top    #1

Kudos to Strong Industries - Costco Spas

Just thought I'd pass this along, since a lot of times, folks don't take the time to say the good things about companies.

We bought a Costco spa last summer, and love it. It's made by Strong Industries, was a great value, well made, and it's been working well.

We had a couple of issues with it with the head rests and one of the side panels.

Their support, specifically Anna-Mae has been awesome. I emailed support yesterday about my headrests degrading, and she already put brand new ones in the mail today, and said they're looking at a better source for those as well.

For those of you going through the "should I buy from costco or a dealer," at least in my experience with Strong, it's working out well. Nothing against any particular dealer, and I'm sure some actually sell Strong spas, but in our area, Costco.com was the best option.

Good luck!
    Richard
    Temecula, CA
    28,000 Gal. In-Ground plaster and tile, Total Control AutoPilot with SC-60 SWG and PH control, Pentair EasyTouch 8, EasyTouch Wireless Remote, Intelliflo VS+SVRS pump, Intellibrite lighting, Pentair Quad 100, Solar heating, Pentair Mastertemp 400 Gas Heater, The Pool Cleaner 4x, Aquabot Turbo T2 Robotic Cleaner, Water feature spillover from SPA.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Kudos to Strong Industries - Costco Spas

I just moved into a home that had a Coleman (by MAXX) hot tub. We had some dificulty getting it working (leaks and it was doing a strange surging thing where the lights in the house would flicker every three seconds to accompany the surge of water out of the jets). It is up and running well now but when it does come time to replace, hopefully not for a few years, I will keep this in mind. I am a massive fan of all that is Costco, believing it to be great quality for good prices. Thanks for the recommendation
    -AG round Vinyl, roughly 27'x4.5' = 18,000 gallons
    -Hayward S180T Sand Filter
    -1.5 HP pump
    -1 skimmer and 1 drain in bottom center feeding pump/filter to one return

3. Back To Top    #3

FWIW, we had another warranty issue with our head rests, and they took care of it without issue, easy peasy...
    Richard
    Temecula, CA
    28,000 Gal. In-Ground plaster and tile, Total Control AutoPilot with SC-60 SWG and PH control, Pentair EasyTouch 8, EasyTouch Wireless Remote, Intelliflo VS+SVRS pump, Intellibrite lighting, Pentair Quad 100, Solar heating, Pentair Mastertemp 400 Gas Heater, The Pool Cleaner 4x, Aquabot Turbo T2 Robotic Cleaner, Water feature spillover from SPA.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Suarez7
    I just moved into a home that had a Coleman (by MAXX) hot tub. We had some dificulty getting it working (leaks and it was doing a strange surging thing where the lights in the house would flicker every three seconds to accompany the surge of water out of the jets). It is up and running well now but when it does come time to replace, hopefully not for a few years, I will keep this in mind. I am a massive fan of all that is Costco, believing it to be great quality for good prices. Thanks for the recommendation

The flickering lights/surging water could be a symptom of a poor or broken neutral connection. That is a very dangerous condition.

I suggest you call your power company. They will treat it as an emergency. They will determine whether that condition exists and fix it if it is on their side of the meter. If it is on your side of the meter you may have to hire an electrician.

Curmudgeon

350 gal Infinity (from Costco) using BBB