Storm Damage

kenmccall

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 24, 2009
Macon Ga
We had a major strom come through Central Georgia early yesterday morning. I had tops of pine trees, a patio set and roof shingles and so on in the pool (non of my own!). Have most of it out now and the pool company is going to send a diver over today at 5 to look for holes and so forth on the liner per the insurance adjuster. I believe there are some gouges on the liner but it does not appear to be leaking. Should these gouges be a concern or anything else I might be missing? Still to cold for me to get in to look at the liner myself. Thanks

If you aren't losing any water then you should be fine.

The diver from the pool company should be qualified to evaluate any gouges. Little surface scratches are not a problem, but if something penetrated any significant fraction of the thickness of the liner then there could well be some problem in the future. Usually such gouges are easy enough to handle, you simply patch them as if they were already holes and the problem is taken care of.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.