Question about our Polaris ?

TizMe

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
Covington, Georgia
Is there a certain length that the hose from the polaris that attaches to the outlet/return needs to be or do we just leave it the length it comes from the store. The reason I'm asking is the head part always seems to get caught up in the hose and doesnt do a very good job of cleaning off the bottom of the pool. :(
Also is there anyway I can keep it from getting hung up in the stairs ?

I have a Polaris 360, and the manual states that the length needs to be measured from outet (pressure or suction) to farthest point of pool. Then, actual hose length should be within +/- 6 inches of this distance. Mine does not get hung up on steps or ladders, so I can't help you there.

Good luck, and hope this helps.

CaryB

Ok, call me a bone head. I think I have just discovered the trouble ! We didnt realize the hose was for a 24' round pool that comes with the Polaris :shock: .... SO ... having found this out we will cut it down to 18' and see what happens. Hopefully this will correct the problem of it always wanting to go left all the time .... :roll:

Does your Polaris have a cylindrical nob at the back upper left corner? mine works best when set between 9-11 o'clock. This nob is supposed to control for turning, backing up, etc. Also, is your sweep tail fast or slow? Again, my 360 works best when tail is moving slow. Lastly, does your unit back up every 3-5 minutes? It's supposed to do so routinely, therefore it shouldn't get hung up on other pool obstacles.

Hope this helps.

CaryB

Last year one of the jet ports stoped working on this one and we had to take it in. The pool place said it "blew a piston" inside somewhere and thats why it wasnt working right. OUr model we have has a blue top, your has a grey :?: one if I'm not mistaken. I will shortne the hose and see what happens and if it still get hung up I guess I will have to take it in again. Maybe I can get it to work just long enought o get the "junk" off the bottom of the pool so we ca get it covered then take it in to be looked at .....

The shorter hose will help and the reversing jet should get it off the stairs if it gets stuck. My polaris aways seemed to go to one spot in the deep end when the reverser fired, and I figured out it's because the pool return was pushing on the floating hose. I pointed that return down even though it still seemed to clean the pool well.

Gary

Crabboy, we have an AG pool with only one return so our Polaris line gets hooked into that return. I think if I shorten the hose that might help. We are going to pull the steps tonight because we are putting on a leaf cover to keep that problem at bay while they fall :) , so Im hoping that will do the trick. If not we have until April to get it figured out :) Actually believe it or not (just my luck) one morning I went out and the Polaris had gone BETWEEN the ladder rails and got stuck there ! :shock: :lol: Dont ask how that happened !

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Greetings--

Check the Polaris web site. It has information on hose lengths, spacing of floats, ect. Apparently this is a fairly exact requirement.

We had a lost of trouble with ours tangling up in its own line. We cut the hose lengths to spec and that helped some.

Another tip I found out about was about the hose's flexability. It was suggested that if tangles were a common occurance, the hose was not longer as flexible as needed. I was told to lay the hose out in the sun for a couple of hrs to let it warm up. Place it back in the pool and let the beast run. Notice-- if it stopped tangling, then the old hose was too stiff and needed replacing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.