Purchase Liquidator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2009
Hello!
I want to purchase a Liquidator but it seems that the only companies that sell them are on the west coast. Are there any companies that sell them on the east coast? I really don't want to pay $34 for shipping! Or is $34 for shipping a deal?

Thanks!

chem geek said:
Or you can get the 8-gallon Liquidator with 3/8" upgrade kit. More expensive, but it's twice the capacity and comes with a better output valve.

I am planning on the 8 gallon Liquidator...just wondering if there was an east coast company who sell them. One question....I was reading that you can use your drain from your heater to tap into or your inline chlorinator. I really do not want to drill into any plumbing. In your opinion what would be the better choice of the two. The chlorinator is after the heater in my plumbing set up.
Thank you!

I was hoping someone would respond to your question who has The Liquidator, but I do know that the rate of chlorine coming out of The Liquidator is quite low. However, I thought the way The Liquidator worked was to have its input of pool water to come in from the pressure side (i.e. from after the pump) and for its output of more chlorinated water to go to the suction side of the pump (say, to the plug at the pump basket). This manual has a Figure 2 showing typical installation. If you aren't going to be using your inline chlorinator, then it would be OK to tap into it, but if you plan to use it then I wouldn't have it's output going into The Liquidator (i.e. having more chlorinated water going into The Liquidator) and would instead tap into your heater instead.

However, I hope someone who knows more about The Liquidator hook-ups will chime in.

Richard is correct (like that's a surprise) :)

The inlet to the LQ has to be on the outlet side of the pump. The recommended placement is after the filter so it only sees filtered water. The outlet side if the LQ has to be on the suction side of the pump because the LQ works using the natural vacuum of the pump to "draw" chlorinated water out of the LQ.

You can use the heater drain for the inlet side of the LQ, but you'll have to attach the outlet side to the suction side of the pump. As Richard said, the pump basket drain plug is a good place if you don't want to tap into your plumbing.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

Bama Rambler said:
Richard is correct (like that's a surprise) :)

You can use the heater drain for the inlet side of the LQ, but you'll have to attach the outlet side to the suction side of the pump. As Richard said, the pump basket drain plug is a good place if you don't want to tap into your plumbing.

Thanks for the advice. That is my plan...using the pump basket drain and the heater drain. I just wasn't sure if I should use the heater drain plug or the inline chlorinator....which I don't use anyway. I'm looking forward to not having to dump chlorine in every day manually. Hopefully it all works out!

mamasproject said:
http://pstpoolsupplies.com/liquid-chlorinators.aspx

FYI.....shipping has been reduced to $18.00

I'm buying mine today!

Wow! I just signed up, but have been lurking for a while. That is a great deal!

I'm going to go order one now too!

Trixee

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool company is coming to open the pool today...I still do not have enough experience to do this on my own! But I am hooking up the Liquidator by myself...after they leave so I do not have to hear about the "evils" of chlorine in my pool!
Wish me luck...I will need it! :-D

Chem Geek, thanks for the info and the link. Anybody know why they are not affiliated any more? I've searched TFP and they seem pretty well repected.

1. First, they were never "affiliated" with this forum in any way.

2. After two years of constantly asking them to stop promoting their own products they sell (and their refusing) I removed them from the forum.

3. An example of their behavior is above. "Trixee" is none other than simicrinz sneaking back on as a new user and "surprise, surprise," shilling his products again. He does the same thing in another post shilling one of the pool cleaners he sells.

4. I imagine they have created several false accounts (or perhaps just asking friends to come on and promote their website) for the purpose of dishonestly representing themselves. The forum will find them and delete them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.