Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Purchase Liquidator

1. Back To Top    #1

Purchase Liquidator

Hello!
    I want to purchase a Liquidator but it seems that the only companies that sell them are on the west coast. Are there any companies that sell them on the east coast? I really don't want to pay $34 for shipping! Or is $34 for shipping a deal?

Thanks!
    28,000 IG Free Form Gunite with quartz finish
    Pentair Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS+SVRS
    Polaris 280, Sta-Rite 400K Heater-Propane

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Purchase Liquidator

Hasa is a west coast company and they don't have good national distribution, so getting one from California is pretty much what you have to do.

These people have a pretty good deal right now.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Or you can get the 8-gallon Liquidator with 3/8" upgrade kit. More expensive, but it's twice the capacity and comes with a better output valve.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by chem geek
    Or you can get the 8-gallon Liquidator with 3/8" upgrade kit. More expensive, but it's twice the capacity and comes with a better output valve.

I am planning on the 8 gallon Liquidator...just wondering if there was an east coast company who sell them. One question....I was reading that you can use your drain from your heater to tap into or your inline chlorinator. I really do not want to drill into any plumbing. In your opinion what would be the better choice of the two. The chlorinator is after the heater in my plumbing set up.
    Thank you!

5. Back To Top    #5

I was hoping someone would respond to your question who has The Liquidator, but I do know that the rate of chlorine coming out of The Liquidator is quite low. However, I thought the way The Liquidator worked was to have its input of pool water to come in from the pressure side (i.e. from after the pump) and for its output of more chlorinated water to go to the suction side of the pump (say, to the plug at the pump basket). This manual has a Figure 2 showing typical installation. If you aren't going to be using your inline chlorinator, then it would be OK to tap into it, but if you plan to use it then I wouldn't have it's output going into The Liquidator (i.e. having more chlorinated water going into The Liquidator) and would instead tap into your heater instead.

However, I hope someone who knows more about The Liquidator hook-ups will chime in.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

6. Back To Top    #6

Richard is correct (like that's a surprise)

The inlet to the LQ has to be on the outlet side of the pump. The recommended placement is after the filter so it only sees filtered water. The outlet side if the LQ has to be on the suction side of the pump because the LQ works using the natural vacuum of the pump to "draw" chlorinated water out of the LQ.

You can use the heater drain for the inlet side of the LQ, but you'll have to attach the outlet side to the suction side of the pump. As Richard said, the pump basket drain plug is a good place if you don't want to tap into your plumbing.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Richard is correct (like that's a surprise)

You can use the heater drain for the inlet side of the LQ, but you'll have to attach the outlet side to the suction side of the pump. As Richard said, the pump basket drain plug is a good place if you don't want to tap into your plumbing.

Thanks for the advice. That is my plan...using the pump basket drain and the heater drain. I just wasn't sure if I should use the heater drain plug or the inline chlorinator....which I don't use anyway. I'm looking forward to not having to dump chlorine in every day manually. Hopefully it all works out!

8. Back To Top    #8

http://pstpoolsupplies.com/liquid-chlorinators.aspx

FYI.....shipping has been reduced to $18.00

I'm buying mine today!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by mamasproject
    http://pstpoolsupplies.com/liquid-chlorinators.aspx

FYI.....shipping has been reduced to $18.00

I'm buying mine today!
    Wow! I just signed up, but have been lurking for a while. That is a great deal!

I'm going to go order one now too!

Trixee

10. Back To Top    #10

Ordered one yesterday as well.
    24' Round Above Ground
    15,000 Gallons
    Hayward Pro Series 100 Lbs Sand Filter
    Hayward Power Flo LX 1hp Pump
    8 gallon Liquidator 3/8
    BBB Method

11. Back To Top    #11

To those sitting on the fence about buying a LQ, I bought one at the start of last season, and it's probably...no make that THE best investment I made on my pool....
    10K gal IG, vinyl, 1 HP Jandy Stealth pump, Jandy CS cartridge filter, Delta UV system, Hasa Liquidator

12. Back To Top    #12

Flyboy320, Where did you purchase yours at in Canada???

13. Back To Top    #13

Pool company is coming to open the pool today...I still do not have enough experience to do this on my own! But I am hooking up the Liquidator by myself...after they leave so I do not have to hear about the "evils" of chlorine in my pool!
    Wish me luck...I will need it!

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by daddybug
    Flyboy320, Where did you purchase yours at in Canada???
    I got it from a company in the US and had it shipped up here, I don't think any places sell it here in Canada. I think I got it from simicrintz or salp, but I don't see their company listed here any more at TFP?
    10K gal IG, vinyl, 1 HP Jandy Stealth pump, Jandy CS cartridge filter, Delta UV system, Hasa Liquidator

15. Back To Top    #15

They still sell The Liquidator here, but are no longer associated with TFP.

16. Back To Top    #16

Chem Geek, thanks for the info and the link. Anybody know why they are not affiliated any more? I've searched TFP and they seem pretty well repected.

17. Back To Top    #17

You should go on their board and ask them.
    15,600 Gallon, 16' x 32' In-Ground Vinyl Pool
    Pentair VS 3050 pump, Quad DE 60 filter and SunTouch controller
    8 gallon Liquidator, Aquatherm EcoSun Solar Panels, 2 wheel ThePoolCleaner

18. Back To Top    #18

In the Industry

Chem Geek, thanks for the info and the link. Anybody know why they are not affiliated any more? I've searched TFP and they seem pretty well repected.
    1. First, they were never "affiliated" with this forum in any way.

2. After two years of constantly asking them to stop promoting their own products they sell (and their refusing) I removed them from the forum.

3. An example of their behavior is above. "Trixee" is none other than simicrinz sneaking back on as a new user and "surprise, surprise," shilling his products again. He does the same thing in another post shilling one of the pool cleaners he sells.

4. I imagine they have created several false accounts (or perhaps just asking friends to come on and promote their website) for the purpose of dishonestly representing themselves. The forum will find them and delete them.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School