Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How did you get your TFP Moniker

1. Back To Top    #1
    NE Ohio

How did you get your TFP Moniker

I am curious as to how some posters created/got/came across their user name for the TFP site. Some of the names are down right creative!

As for me, I had a moment of sheer uncreativeness and used my real name. Duh. Not very much fun there.

Around other places I use the name dorpo75.....I can tell you that in high school, we loved to watch the Marx Bros. and as there were Harpo, Chico, Zeppo, Gummo, and friend and I became Slimmo and Dorpo.

Anyone else?
    2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: How did you get your TFP Moniker

For reasons of personal security............YOU SHOULD NEVER EVER USE YOUR REAL NAME ON AN INTERNET BOARD!

16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Well the First board I visited was trekbbs which was the place to go to learn about Trek news (Back in the days when they had Voyager and DS9 live on TV. so Ever since then I used the same Name for all the boards i register on... typically the RSE is the 1st one to get killed because he is a newbie and on most of these sites I am seeking info because I am a newbie to the board's topic.... hence it works well for me wherever I go!
    24' Round 54" Impulse Ovation AGP, 1.5 HP 2 Spd, 150 Sq Ft. Cartridge Filter, RayPak 130K BTU NG Heater, BBB in full effect!!
    Vist TFT Test Kits --- Visit Pool School ---
    Visit the Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Central Valley, CA

My handle comes from my home state - "Louisiana, a Sportsman's Paradise." I love all things outdoors and one day look forward to returning home to retire and catching big ole bull reds.
    Garden Leisure Voyager 12x24 AGP, 7500 Gallons, Hayward Power Flo Matrix 1 HP pump, dual speed, Hayward XStream Cartridge Filter, 120 GPM,

5. Back To Top    #5
    Rural Moloka'i, Hawai'i

Comes from my attachment to Molokai. Laulea carries the meanings of friendship and reconciliation. Here and There speaks to the time when I had not yet moved to the islands permanently. I have used it on other forums.
    12' round above ground pool. 3,500 gal. Vinyl liner. Waterway Supreme Hi-Flo 48 frame pump. 1.5 hp. SWG. Sand filter with Zeobrite.

Thanks, members of Trouble Free Pool, for being so friendly and informative!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Indialantic, FL

I used to be a Tenor Drummer in a Pipe and Drum (Bagpipe) band. Flourishing Tenor to be exact, we not only play rhythm but we twirl (flourish) the sticks (mallets) using intricate (or not) movements. Some bands drums are several different sizes and are tuned to compliment each other.
    The first time I needed a login Tdrum for "tenor drummer" popped into my head and I added the "1" because most login ID's called for it. I thought it would be unique and easy to remember hence Tdrum1 was born!
    33K gal shotcrete w/new Florida Gem finish, Pentair Intelliflo VS, ProClean Waterway Filter, Rome TI 130 heatpump, Pentair Intellichlor 40k SWG and Intellibrite 5G spa and pool lights.

7. Back To Top    #7

South Central NJ

It's just what I do and where I do it. Now it's who I do for too!

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Tucson, AZ

Here's an old thread:
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

9. Back To Top    #9

repost from that old thread:

"In the late 1990's I was posting on a forum that had some problems with identity theft so they decided to make everyone chose a name and made it so no one could use it fradulently -- probably the norm nowadays with boards with registrations required. There had been some harsh words there and no one wanted to reveal too much about locations or age or gender or much of anything. Guess it only takes a few realy mean people to get a board in bad shape and back then they could sign in again and post and sign someone elses name to it.

So, anyhow, as everyone started chosing there was Anonamous, Anon, Anon1, Anon2, AnonMan, AnonMom, etc. So Original

I thought that Anonapersona was a clever twist on the Anon-type names that were being used. It sort of rhymed, and it was clearly a "persona" I used on that board so as to not reveal my name or gender or anything else until I chose to. I also considered trying On-Anon but figured that folks might see me as long-winded. "

I suspect that was in about '97 that I took that name. So, I've had this name online for a very, very long time.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Goldsboro, NC

"Speaking out for Christ"

I am strong in my faith and have used this name for quite a few years on XBOX Live, other forums, etc!
    22,600 gal. Vinyl Inground, FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, WhisperFlo 1HP Pump, SWG, Dolphin Nautilus