Help from other New Intex Saltwater/Sand System Users

Aug 26, 2010
Louisiana
Evening Everyone,
I hope the other ladies on this forum are more mechanically inclined than I am. I have the 16x32x52" ultra frame with the new Intex saltwater/ sand system. I've got most everything figured out, till I go to my skimmer that I was already using. The new system came with new fittings, plunger valves, strainer grids, etc. thats where the problem for me is now.
I changed out the old plunger valves and installed the new strainer grids but now the hose coming from my skimmer has nothing to hook to as the hose adaptor from my old system is too small far this new one and the new one doesn't come with one. The strainer grid is considerably larger than the old one. Am I not suppose to be using my skimmer or is there something I need to purchase to fix this? What is everyone else with this system doing?
I really need to run the skimmer if possible due to living in the country with the bug and flying ant problem...BTW thans to all that recommend the Skim-It...I have ordered one. It looks like it will work wonders.
Thanks in advance to all your advice.

Hello,

The Ultra Frame Intex pools should come with the larger suction and return fittings. The fittings that come with the Sand filter should be the same. If I understand correctly is that you can't connect the hose from the skimmer to the suction side fitting because you now have changed them out. Does the old fitting have a blue adapter still attached to the fitting? If so you need to take it off the old fitting and put it on the new fitting. If you take off the strainer grid from the new fitting you will see another smaller threaded section to connect the adapter too. If that is not the case then put the old fitting back and just connect all the hoses as the way they were. Could you post some pictures of the fittings to get a better understanding of what you are talking about. Hope this helps. :cheers:

Thanks for the reply. Yes you got the picture pretty much. I was so hoping to get to use the new strainer grid that came with the new system, as the old one was forever getting stopped up, but this new one isn't made anything like the old one. What is everyone else doing? Not using the new fittings? Not using the skimmer? Found an adaptor that will work?

I would love to send you some pics today but the weather has turned off cold again and the water is just plain too cold far me to get in today and like I said earlier...I am not mechanically inclined. Cant work from behind on something. Suppose to be a little warmer tomorrow, will try to post pics then if we don't figure something out before then. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.