fill water advance testing

wanderer_roch

LifeTime Supporter
So I have my test kit ready to go, new pool going in later this month. I'll be filling via the garden hose. If I test the water now (because I'm dying to play with the new toys) should I expect my readings to match the fill water a few weeks from now fairly well? I'd assume a municipal feed would be fairly consistent but never really thought much about it.

Any thoughts?

Test results now will be close to what they will be in a few weeks, but may or may not be exactly the same. Depending on where you live there can sometimes be significant seasonal variations. A few weeks is likely to be well into the spring rainy season many places, so some changes are possible.

The key tests to do on your fill water are TA and CH. Most people don't run out of those reagents, so I would go ahead and test those two now and then test them again when you are ready to do the fill.

(A little more detail on what JohnT already said.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.